Saving a dime (or 5,000 dimes) in '09
On Regis and Kelly a few weeks ago they had a segment about saving money. One of their suggestions was to check your car insurance rates, then check other companies and see if you could get a better deal elsewhere. Then they suggested you call your company and see if they could beat the other rates. Does that make sense? So Dan and I had insurance through a company which shall not be named but which claims to save customers 15% and has annoying commercials. I looked into a few different companies and found that we could save $500 a year by switching to another company which shall not be named but also has annoying commercials. Our current company couldn't make our rate any lower so we switched! $500! And our new company promised to plant a tree since we paid online. Just wanted to throw that suggestion out their for anyone who might find it useful. (If you want the actual names of the companies, email me. I just don't want to get in trouble for some unforseeable and stupid reason!)
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It's always nice to save money. Car insurance is so expensive here in So. Florida. I guess there are a lot of thefts or a lot of fraudulent claims.
Show your capitalist spirit and name names! :) The one company would love the good PR and the other deserves to be outed.
And I totally agree that car insurance companies have the worst ads. I want to join allstate regardless of cost because their ads are the least annoying.
Could you email me those names? I saw that same episode, but I so could not call and haggle with someone so I didn't think much of it. Maybe Travis could do it if he knew we would save a lot! Thanks.
All state has President Palmer from 24. He makes me feel safe. We just switched to Geico earlier this year and saved a few hundred. I think it can be a result of the company's rates, but also it can just be changed circumstances (accidents are further in the past, for instance) so it's good to renegotiate periodically.
We want to know!!! gregoryandmichelle@gmail.com
Post a Comment