Monday, December 13, 2010

Dan's birthday was last Monday. He's the big 2-9! I told him he's got to live it up since it's his last year in the 20s. He suggested that we go streaking on the lawn at UVA. (Click that link if you dare.) J/K. Well, there is a cartoon of a naked man, but you can't see anything.


Dan asked for an iPod Shuffle. He got it. He loves it. He also got a drawing from Sam, a card from me, one from my parents, some books, and a lot of cupcakes. I love Dan. He's the best.
We didn't tell him to put his hands up.
This picture is unrelated. I just thought it was cute.
Friday I decided to be a good mom and take my kids to the zoo in the afternoon. Once I got there, I realized I forgot the stroller for Afton. So I carried her around for 90 minutes. And she barfed on me twice. After the zoo, we picked up Dan from work, grabbed some dinner, and then drove around a fancy area downtown to look at their Christmas lights. There are tons of old live oak trees that they wrap up. I love it! These pictures don't do it justice, but here ya go.

This one reminded us of Dr. Seuss.
Saturday was our ward party. It was really nice, but once Santa came out, Sam was ready to book it out of there. We told him that Santa was coming and he kept saying, "All done see Santa. All done see Santa!" And then when he finally appeared, Sam said, "Ready to go now! Ready to go now!" So I guess his visit with the big man last week was about all he could handle.

8 comments:

Chelsea F. said...

Those lights are awesome! How cute is your family.

SAM!!! said...

those lights really are awesome. And floss for Dan's birthday eh? NICE!

Julie said...

Did you make those cupcakes for Dan? They look really good! I noticed Dan got some floss for his birthday. I thought that was funny :)

C&C said...

Happy belated birthday Dan! I like Afton's headband. The willow tree with lights was super gorge.

maynard said...

Dan is getting up there. Oh to by 29 again.

The trees are beautiful.

We look forward to Christmas with you.

Katrina said...

Happy birthday to Dan! I love Sam's Apple accessory for the night. Afton looks so happy and cute. Those were awesome pictures of the lights--they must have been amazing in real life. Juliet says that too when something makes her nervous or scared: "All done with [insert scary thing]" Poor guy! Maybe next year Santa will seem a little friendlier.

Brittney said...

Happy birthday to Dan! I just read your facebook comment and laughed out loud (about Sam sitting there in the dark). Hilarious!

Unknown said...

Yeah for birthdays! I love Sam's apple sticker. And the pictures of the trees. Really awesome.