Friday, November 18, 2011

What's in a Name?

I know not everyone has heard the name Afton before. In fact, the nurses at the hospital where she was born acted like it was the weirdest name they'd ever heard. One nurse told us we should name her Donna. No offense to anyone out there named Donna, but why in the world would I go from Afton to Donna just because a nurse told me to?

We get a local paper every week. In the paper, they list the names of babies born at the same hospital where Afton was born. You tell me if the names of some of this week's babies are more normal than Afton:

Kaison, D'Yanna, Xavi, Ta'Heaven, KeShawn, Jewelian, Ke'Onna, Zyion, Geraldo, and Isik.

I guess we needed to work an apostrophe in there or something...

And since no post is complete without a picture, here she is after church in one of my old dresses.

6 comments:

SAM!!! said...

I remember that dress in pictures or videos. Also it seems like you just listed the names of the kids in Teresas' class.

Fabulous Featherette said...

I love that little girl and that dress. I think Aunts Lorraine and Maureen gave that to you. Only three more days!!!

C&C said...

Ta'Heaven is definitely the best of those. So funny. Afton looks presh in that dress!

Kevin, Jenni and Conor said...

She is so cute and would still be even if her name was Donna!

Sarah H said...

How offensive is that?! I would have said something sassy to her, but I'm sure you are way too nice for that.

Ryan said...

I think it is so funny when they all give input. . .like they have a say in it after all we go through to get them here! Afton is adorable and I love the shot of your cute living room. Thanks for all the love during our crazy time with Annie. love to you, Nicki I'm on Ryan's account and I'm too lazy to switch:)