Sunday, August 19, 2012

Family Fun

Last Monday the kids and I flew to Virginia to spend some time with my parents, sister, and niece (who had flown in from Nebraska). We had a great time!

Tuesday we went to the Virginia Safari park. Sam snuggled me on the way and I loved it.




We got to drive around and feed some animals from the car, which was really fun. I just have videos of that.

After the Safari Park, we stopped by Foamhenge - a full-scale replica of Stonehenge. I've wanted to see it for some time. I can now die happy.

Each day after a morning activity, we'd come home for naps and then hang out at the house the rest of the afternoon.

Wednesday we hit the Bounce and Play.




And Bodo's for lunch. Thursday we went to the splash pad. Sam loved it. Afton hung out at the park. She likes to be held in deep water, but she doesn't like to be splashed.



 Forgot I was in "manual." Overexposed, but still cute.





We then went to Chick-fil-a because Candice doesn't have one in Omaha. Then we went home for naps and after that, the kids raided Grandma's dress-up box. Sam tranformed himself into a vampire/magician/pirate.

We considered hiding his baton/maraca thing because he kept waving it in everyone's face.


At night we'd stay up and chat or watch the olympics. And one night we watched Mirror, Mirror.

Friday we went to a different splash pad.






Another stop at Bodo's. Later that night we walked up my parents' street to take pictures with the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains behind us.




Afton's really good at the Chris Farley face.
We had such a fun vacation. We also made girly hairthings, played w/ playdoh, I visited with old co-workers, and we went and got the best slurpees ever! Seriously so good. We don't have any 7-11's, so I had been wanting one forever. Did not disappoint.

The kids miss their G&G Cheney. We'll have to make it a yearly tradition! 



5 comments:

Fabulous Featherette said...

Great photos! It was so great to have you all here. Fun times and great memories!

C&C said...

That was supa fun. I am going to steal all of your pictures now. Mwahahahahaha.

SAM!!! said...

my comment about Candice looking more mature in the splahs pad shot didn't post... Anyways it looks like it was a fun trip. Great shots.

Fabulous Featherette said...

I just reread this and realized that I used "great" three times in three sentences. You and Candice look like twins in one photo.

Katrina said...

Aww, I wish I could have seen you this trip! I'm sorry our timing didn't work out. It looks like you had fun! I think I may have been to one of those splash parks, but I don't think I've even heard of those other places you went to. I'll get details from you so I can hit them up too.