When we left Houston, I mourned the fact that I wouldn't be there for the UVA vs U of H game. Fortunately, BYU was also playing UVA! I was super excited. I got a ticket with my parents and Dan offered to watch the kids.
Sidenote: Ten years ago, when I was a senior in high school (maybe a junior?), BYU came to Charlottesville to play UVA. Somehow Candice and I had really awesome seats. BYU was down at the half and everyone was making snarky comments to us during halftime. Somehow BYU came back to claim victory. It was amazing! I was kind of expecting the same thing to happen again. I was wrong.
Labor Day weekend, we drove down on Friday and I dropped Dan off at the fireside that the team put on at the local stake center. Saturday morning we met Katrina and two of her kids at a splash pad. It was great to see her and catch up!
If I were the matchmaking type, I'd have my kids paired with hers already.
We met my parents at Bodo's and then went home for a little bit, I think.
We got to the game early and milled around for a while. There were tons of BYU fans. It was great. Until...
These babies started rolling in.
I think the first quarter had just ended when they told everyone to clear the stands because a storm was coming. We all stood in the outdoor hallways under the bleachers and waited. AND WAITED! There was lots of rain and lightning. I think we ended up waiting for 2.5 hours. Finally the game resumed. During halftime, the lines were crazy long because they closed the concession stands on the top levels so everyone had to go to just a few. I think I stood in line for pizza for 30 minutes. During that time it poured some more, but no lightning. Everyone was soaked. Neither team was doing very well.
Mom and Dad were both wearing sunglasses because they didn't think the game would still be going at 8 o'clock. BYU lost. It was sad. And I was surprised that Mom and Dad could see to find our way back to the car. I just noticed the kid behind us in the pic looks like he's going to barf. Maybe next time, BYU.
Tuesday, October 15, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I would suggest this is the last time you travel to a BYU game. They always disappoint you. I do think they will be UVA at Cougar Stadium next year though.
That game was a disaster on so many levels. Oh well; we tried.
What fun we had! I thought sure BYU would rule---NOT! Our favorite part was spending time with you!
Bodo's makes it all worth it no?
Post a Comment