Here's a before of the hallway. What you can't see is that all around the edges, the carpet was permanently discolored. I think I have a better picture of that in one of the bedrooms.
And here's the hallway with the new hardwood.
We think it looks a lot better. It's kind of a dark hallway. Someday in the very distant future, I think sky tubes would be cool up there. We are planning on painting the hallway some kind of light tan, too.
We also replaced the carpet in three of the bedrooms. Here's what I was talking about with the dark edges.
It never really looked clean, plus there were a lot of stains. So here's a shot of the guest room after all was said and done.
Man, it looks so much better than it did! I actually painted this room a few months ago and surprised Dan with it. I also made over this little dresser that's been in the family for a long time. It has previously been olive green and bright yellow. Now it's a pale green.
I also made the two decorative pillows a while back. I'm thinking, after looking at these pictures, that I should make a bedskirt. I'd also like to put up some curtains in there. And maybe a headboard one day... Anyhow, we love the new carpet! Everything just looks newer and warmer.
Afton has never had a haircut in her 3.5 years of life. Eventually her scraggly ends were too much to handle. She kept refusing to get it cut, but I finally realized that she didn't want it cut because she thought it would be cut like Sam's. Once I assured her that I would just trim it, she agreed.
Here's her before photo shoot. She had to make this face from every angle.
So classy, right? I was pretty nervous to cut her hair but I watched a YouTube video that made it look pretty easy. I went for it. Here's the after. Her hair is slightly wavy, so it's hard to really get a good feel, but I cut off two or three inches. I didn't want to try something too short and mess it up so I kept it simple.
Sunday, March 02, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
The carpet and hardwood floor look great. Afton has such pretty hair. Good work on the haircut.
Those improvements to the house are fantastic. You're really making it your own home!
Wow, what a great job on Afton's hair trim. It looks fantastic.
The wood looks sooooo much better! I'm excited to see your house in person.
this gets multiple boom-shaka-lakkas. Wood floors look great, carpet looks great. Now get your windows fixed.
How did you know our windows stink?
I'll confess. Dad and I did mention that you'd like to get new windows at some point.
By sky tubes do you mean sky lights? don't those always leak?
Nice! I spy the cheeseburger table at the end of your hallway?? :) Love it.
Post a Comment