Saturday, August 23, 2014

Cheney Reunion Part 2

Wednesday Kirk went biking and the rest of us had another picnic and wading in the river experience. This time we went to Greenbrier something. We ate at a picnic area where we saw a baby possum.
The river was really nice where we went. We were the only ones there and the water was nice and calm. The little girls found a special spot with tons of butterflies and that kept their attention pretty much the whole time we were there.


Later the kids decorated picture frames for the cousin picture that we take every time.
I like to call the above Millie Einstein.






I also tried to get "nicer" pictures of all the kids I could. Aiden is clearly not comfortable around me. His smile in the second one cracks me up.




 "The Smolder"


 Half of the amazing duo that mastermind the whole thing.
As if we hadn't packed enough fun into one day, we had a "birthday party" even though it wasn't anyone's birthday. The kids played with balloons, hit a pinata, and squirted each other with water guns.
 Afton is a lover, not a fighter, and wouldn't hit the pinata.
 Sam, too, although he tried, is a gentle giant.
 Carter, on the other hand, had no qualms about ripping into that donkey.
 Kung fu master.



Thursday Kirk and Ryan went on a hike in the morning and we all hit the outlet mall after they got back. What else did we do that day? I can't remember. Maybe we swam? Millie won the award for the world's largest diaper. When she would try to sit down, she'd fall from side to side it was so bulbous.
 We got delicious shakes that took forever to make at this local joint.
 We walked the strip in Gatlinburg. They have a ton of Ripley's Believe It or Not type things. This is the world's tallest man on record. (Well, it's a robot thing OF the world's tallest man on record.)
 Sam loves transformers.
 And I got Dan this sweet shirt.
Friday we went to the aquarium which was super great. Then it rained and we ran to Wendy's.






Saturday we were packing up, trying to leave by nine. And THEN... FINALLY... we saw a black bear. Right by our cars. Then it walked up the hill in front of our cabin and came around to grab the trash can. It was a big one. You've probably already seen my spastic video, but I'll post it again just because.

 (The reason I reacted that way was because I knew my dad would be annoyed that it got the trash out of the bear-proof bin RIGHT before we were trying to leave, okay??)

Until next time, my lovely family!

5 comments:

SAM!!! said...

I really don't think you overreacted too much. For example If I were to send that to AFV it probably wouldn't win. Also, excellent pictures of the kids.

K said...

You and Gretchen need to snuggle up closer on that sister in law pic. There's like a one foot gap between your torsos. Get that weak stake dance stuff out of here.

K said...

You take THE BEST pictures. I love all of them. That was such a fun trip! Miss you already!
Gretchen

C&C said...

Those millie pictures are hilarious! Unfortunate that you didn't get any cute ones of her.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. Those are great pictures and even though it was just a couple of weeks ago it brings back memories of all the fun we had.