Tuesday, October 07, 2014

12 Saturdays

A few weeks ago I was thinking about how we still had 15 weeks until baby boy comes. But then, I thought of it in terms of Saturdays. Only fifteen Saturdays. That means roughly fifteen Saturdays to do projects, get ready, have family fun, etc. Yikes! Now we are down to 12. Twelve Saturdays. I made a list a few weeks ago and I've been able to cross a few things off.

Paint upstairs hallway (Which you saw pics of already)
Hang pictures in entry way
(I thought it would be cool to find vintage postcards from the places we've lived together and mix them with a few other things I like as well as try to camouflage that lovely thermostat.)
Paint/update powder room (replace everything!) (We've picked out paint, got a new light, towel holder, TP holder and toilet. We just need a new pedestal and faucet...)
Fix drywall cracks in kids' rooms
Paint Sam's room
Paint Afton's room
Figure out where to put this baby!
Make baby pants (I got a steal of a deal on some fleece remnants at Hobby Lobby and made a few pairs.)
Buy carseat
Finish old entertainment center which we are turning into a wardrobe for Sam
Organize garage
Master bathroom redo?

As you can see, we've got a LLLOOOONNNNGGGG way to go (and I'm the one who made the list so I'm not sure if Dan's aware of some of these). So really I've got a long way to go. But Dan always helps.

Dan is currently working on the new deck and pergola, training for a marathon, and keeping his eyes peeled for when trees go on sale at Home Depot and Lowe's.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's an aggressive "to do" list. I hope you're able to get it all done, but if not, enjoy the beautiful fall weather!

Fabulous Featherette said...

Your home is looking beautiful. You are so industrious. We're excited to be with you Sat. and Sun.