Sunday, November 16, 2014

More random fall things

Friday Sam came home with his first report card of the year. He did really well and got all "E's" (Excellent's) except for an "S" (Satisfactory) in art. He is a good student. We offered to celebrate by taking him out to Chick-fil-a yesterday. He asked if we could go to Costco instead. We obliged.
Man, it was packed. I had to wait for a table and finally got the very furthest one. Right next to the tires. Nothing like the smell of rubber when you're eating your pizza. And may I just ask why, for heaven's sake, they only offer one non-caffeinated beverage choice? And it's lemonade, at that. I have written a formal complaint in their "Comments" box, but nothing has been done. Maybe I should start an online petition. Can I get some Sprite up in there? Or Sierra Mist? Or 7-Up? Am I asking too much?

Yesterday was another celebration for our family in that Dan completed his first (and, according to him, his last) marathon. It was in the 20's at the start. We went to watch him around mile 13. It was so cold. He was looking great, but I guess around mile 22 he hit a wall and the rest was "grueling." But he did it! I think it's awesome.
 Sam's picture is of him holding his picture. Afton's is of a map with snakes. Duh.
 Pretty happy! And pretty leaves!

 He stopped to shed his jacket and say hello, and then he was off once more.
The Richmond marathon claims to be "America's Friendliest" for unknown reasons. Runners did throw us candy, which I guess is pretty friendly.

After we put the kids to bed last night, Sam came out to tell us that he has his first loose tooth! I took a picture after church.
 It's his bottom right. See how he's pushed it out in front of his top tooth?
He's really excited about it. He asked me to send a picture of it to his teacher. Then he changed his mind and just said Grandma and Grandpa. Speaking of, at school they were asked to write a letter to someone they love. Sam chose Grandma C and I had to snap a picture of it before it was off in the mail.
Melts your heart, right there. He said "I love you the most" because he likes that in Tangled they say, "I love you." "I love you more." and "I love you most."

I took my first pictures in a long time for a paying client the other day. That was stressful, but good for practice. I think they're happy with them. We also got our pictures taken, but haven't gotten them back yet.

Our master bath remodel starts TOMORROW and it will be pretty chaotic, but we're looking forward to the "after." I've taken pictures for comparisons once it's done and I'll share those in a few weeks.

No post is complete without a picture of Afton's latest dress up outfit.
Cracks me up.

Most of the leaves have fallen from the trees, but our trees seem to lag a few weeks behind the rest.

Until next time!

5 comments:

C&C said...

oh my gosh Sam's letter is SO presh! and good job, Dan! Sorry I got your text too late or I would have sent him some cheesy words of encouragement.

SAM!!! said...

Sam's letter is great. Aftons drawing is also great. Way to go Dan!

Fabulous Featherette said...

I loved Sam's letter! I hope he receives mine soon and that the tooth fairy finds him, too. Afton is good at coordinating her outfits! Congrats Dan on the marathon. Thanks for posting Kristen.

K said...

Did Dan beat Oprah?

Dan said...

Barely.