Sunday, December 07, 2014

Dan's busy birthday weekend

Dan turned thirty-three yesterday. It was a busy day! He woke up early to go on a long run and also ran up to the church (literally) to do some things on the computer there. When he got back, he opened his presents and we had breakfast.

It started to drizzle but we all went out to rake the rest of the leaves off the front yard. It was so nice to have help doing that! It went a lot faster. Next Dan screwed down plywood on the floor in the attic so that we could organize and spread out our storage up there. Then Dan took a little nap. After lunch, Sam had a birthday party to attend and while he was there, we went to Costco and Lowe's. We bought a new light fixture for a bathroom and when we got home, Dan installed it. Dan had to go to a church meeting at 4, so I picked up Sam and went grocery shopping with the kids. We met Dan for dinner at Chick-fil-a after his meeting. Then I left from there to pick up a babysitter while Dan took the kids home to get ready for bed. Then Dan and I went to his work party at his boss's house. After the party, I took the babysitter home and we relaxed by watching a football game for a few minutes. Whew. It was a super busy day.

Since we knew his actual birthday would be so nutso, we had his birthday dinner and cake tonight. Which kind of explains why I only got one sorry picture of Dan yesterday and that was at like eleven that night... I feel bad about that. Here's the lone picture of yesterday:
Here he is today with most of his presents.
He received: Running pants, a Bill Murray shirt, two bow ties, "David Copperfield", a 15-pound weight, and a framed picture from me. My parents got him a fancy hedge trimmer.

He requested BBQ sandwiches for dinner. We also had broccoli and strawberries. And a yellow cake with chocolate frosting.


I am so, so thankful for him. He is such a caring husband and father. I'm glad I get to celebrate these special days with him!

In other news, Dan has begun his annual reading of "A Christmas Carol" and this time he's reading out loud so Sam can hear it.
Our master bathroom remodel is going very slowly and we're hoping it's done in two weeks. (Originally they told us they could have it done by this past Friday.) Dust is everywhere which really kills me. There's so much I need to do but can't do until the remodel is done.

And here's my tummy at 36 weeks.
And what is the framed picture of that I gave him, you ask? Well, it's a picture of Dan during his mission in Chile when he and a companion went on a hike and took model-esque pictures. He's had this large picture in a tube the entire time I've known him and it really needs to see the light of day. This kind of awesomeness can't be thrust in a closet any longer. (Apparently the store where they got their pictures developed had a deal where you got a free enlargement with each packet of pictures.) So that present is more like a present for me than for him, but I took the opportunity of his birthday to go ahead and get this baby framed.
Love it.

4 comments:

C&C said...

Happy birthday, Dan! you should've become a model. I see my Christmas card!

SAM!!! said...

Rugged Pic Dan. I'll have to get you out on the trails some time!

Fabulous Featherette said...

Happy Birthday, Dan! You did have a crazy, busy day. Hope you can catch some zzzz's at work! Love the framed photo. Only four + or -
more weeks and baby blueberry will be here!

Brittney said...

Happy birthday to Dan! I just love you guys. I hope someday we can all get together and hang out. But until then, keep posting huge framed pictures of Dan on his mission taking model pictures. That was awesome!