The Saturday after my birthday, Dan and Sam went out and got me donuts. (Keepin' the celebration going.) Then Afton started barfing. She barfed all morning. It rained a lot.
Sam's work was selected by his art teacher to appear in our school district's art show, so he and I drove to a distant high school to see it. I am proud of his hard work! He had been talking about his mosaic for weeks and we could tell he was really proud of it, so it was nice to finally see that thing.
We came home and he got ready for his rainy soccer game and Dan took him while I stayed with Afton and Eli.
That night Dan and I got to go on our first date since Eli was born. He got to come, too. We went to a Greek restaurant near our house that we'd heard good things about. Then we went to a dessert restaurant that I've been wanting to try. (That was the main reason for our date, but we figured you have to have dinner before dessert, right?) Dinner was delicious, as was dessert, but the dessert place is much more trendy and loud and we couldn't hear each other very well. I don't think I'll go back. Plus it was kind of expensive. I got a yummy, huge slice of salted caramel chocolate cake that had about 7 layers, but I think it cost $8 or something. I'm tempted to figure out if I can make it myself. But I am already addicted to sugar and desserts so that would be bad news. In the past week I think I've made three types of cookies and 7-layer bars. (In my defense, we gave a lot of it away.)
Eli is looking as cute as ever. I took some pictures of him the other day.
Oh, that sweet baby skin!
I've tried to take him with me to the gym a few times, but he hasn't lasted over 30 minutes before they come and get me because he's crying. Poor kid. I try to work out mostly at night, but when Dan's got stuff at night, there aren't many other options.
Our garden is starting to take off and I'm excited to see if our broccoli makes it.
That's all I know.
Tuesday, May 05, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
With all of those sweets around I'm glad you don't live near me.
Post a Comment