Afton with a few girls from her class:
And Sam with his:
Afton wrote about her favorite movie.
Translation: "My favorite movie is 'How Do You Train Your Dragon Two' (How to Train Your Dragon 2). But I didn't get popcorn. With butter."
Speaking of disappointing food happenings. I saw this fully in tact peanut butter cup melting in a parking lot. A travesty.
Mom and Aunt Maureen came over for a day to hang out. We went to the Lewis Ginter Gardens. It was a beautiful day.
Eli and his Great-aunt Maureen.
After the gardens we went to Buzz and Ned's for lunch and got some ice cream and then came back to my place and visited for a while. It was great to see her and Mom!
I decided to be a nice mom one day and take the kids to a different playground. We'd been there a few times before when we were living in our
We took some beautiful walks.
Sat through some soccer practices.
Sam went through a Hardy Boys phase and read pretty much the whole Hardy Boys collection. Here's one week's worth. (Not sure if he actually read the whole collection, but he read everything our library had.)
Our kids got spring pictures again. They're not as bad as last year, but still. It drives me nuts how they print out a whole package - key chains and everything. What a waste.
Afton did a bunch of artwork that I never know whether to keep or throw away. A baby chick hatching:
A self-portrait.
The kids' school had a carnival. It was really cold that day, but they wanted snowcones and I had a bunch of tickets to use up, so there you go. I made them do the cake walk a bunch of times in hopes of coming home with one of those big Costco chocolate cakes, but no dice.
Afton has begun to read the scriptures with us every night.
That's it for April!
3 comments:
until I read this it hadn't even occured to me that the kids have great Aunts and Uncles...
I love that Afton is reading directly from the scriptures. When they stayed with us she read them with Grandpa's help and did a great job. Their Spring school photos are nice. I think you should've bought the whole package, key chains and all! Sam is awesome on the what cha ma call it. Afton's self-portrait is awesome, too. I think she's much cuter than that.
monkey bars!
Post a Comment