Thursday, February 02, 2017

Eli's Birthday

Eli turned TWO on Sunday, January 8.

The day before, it snowed a bunch. So church was cancelled. We spent a nice morning hanging out, playing in the snow, and putting up decorations. This video is pretty fun.

Eli liked his birthday hat a lot more than last year.



 Snow time.

 Dan tried to make a sledding hill in our backyard, but it didn't really work out. Too many trees.

So then Dan made a ramp on our back deck.





Which worked out much better.
During Eli's nap time, the rest of us played Life and then I think Dan took the older kids sledding on a legit hill. Or maybe that was Saturday - can't remember.
Grandma and Grandpa Cheney braved the eight inches of snow to come and celebrate with us. Eli loves pancakes, so we had pancakes the night before. On his birthday we had salmon. (Just thought pancakes plus cake after dinner would be too much "cake.")

 Not a fan of fire by his face.

 But definitely a fan of frosting.
 He got some great books and clothes from G&G Cheney. His big gift from us was a basketball hoop. He calls basketballs "game balls" and points out basketball hoops wherever we go. He's loved it so far.

 Should have gotten a picture of G&G Cheney!

Putting it to use right away.

I spent a lot of the day just thinking about how grateful I am that Eli is in our family. He is a miracle and I am so thankful that we were blessed with him. Everyone in the family dotes on him like crazy (yes, he is spoiled!). And he loves us all in return. He says, "Yes, please" and "thank you" a lot, which I love. He also says, "Bless you" and "Love you, too." He sleeps with like 4 little stuffed animals and a ton of blankets. He LOVES Curious George with all his heart and soul. Eli is also a great little singer and he makes noise non-stop. He is the best. We love you, Eli!

2 comments:

Fabulous Featherette said...

He is the cutest little guy! We love him, too! He makes me smile with his chattering and fun personality. I love how he give me the "stiff arm" when he doesn't want a certain food. Thanks for having us on his birthday!

SAM!!! said...

The balloon video is too cute! His laughter when the balloon blows in his face made me smile :) I love his new haircut. Can't believe he's 2 already!
-Teresa