There was the last day of school and our celebratory frosties from Wendy's.
Oh, how time flies. Sam on the last day of kindergarten, then third.
We got our tires rotated at Costco and it took 2.5 hours too many. Here's Eli modeling that thing we put on top of the car.
And modeling his "eyes." He used to do this all the time to get a laugh, now he doesn't do it as much.
At school, Sam made stress balloons filled with cornstarch. One was in the car. On my day to chaperone the boys to cub scout day camp, I'm sure you can guess what happened when one of those boys stretched that balloon a little too far.
Cornstarch everywhere.
Camp was the week right after school go out. I chaperoned half a day and had lots of fun with the boys as well as shooting a BB gun for the first time. (The leader said I was a natural and gave me my own badge.)
Sam is the only one his age at church. These boys are a year younger, but they all had lots of fun together.
For our 13th anniversary, Dan and I decided to go paddle boarding on the James. We had lots of fun, but when those boats go by, it gets pretty hairy! I fell in a few times and Dan fell in more, but it was a beautiful day to be on the water. I forgot to wear waterproof mascara.
After our adventure we went to an Italian restaurant close by. I love Dan so much. He is my best friend and I'm so grateful for the life we have together.
We bought a membership to a neighborhood pool nearby and tried to go there a lot this summer. Our kids aren't the greatest swimmers, but they got some good practice.
Sam tried out a tae kwon do class for a few weeks. They have to yell a lot. Sam decided that he didn't love it, but I'm glad he tried, so now we know.
And this happened.

No comments:
Post a Comment