Eli goofed off, Afton happily worked hard, and Sam complained and didn't do much.
Our local donut shop has different ways you can get a free donut every day. (For example, one day it might be to sing a show tune, another day it would be if your birthday is in January, etc.) This day it was "draw a picture of an alien eating a donut and you'll get a free donut." The kids were all over that. I took them swimming after, hence their clothing.
Our neighborhood doesn't have a pool. Our gym only has an indoor pool. So this summer we bought a pass to go to the pool at a nearby condo complex. It was fantastic because it was huge and hardly anyone else was ever there.
Another visit to G&G Cheney's complete with splash pads and puzzles. I don't know how it happened, but my parents and I have started doing puzzles when we're together. I've never liked puzzles before.
Sunday morning bike ride.
Our primary started having birthday parties each month for the kids. After dropping Afton off at the August party, I took the boys on a nice walk.
Afton and her birthday buddy. There were other August birthdays, but a lot of families are out of town in the summer.
We had a big trip to Washington state planned and we were going to be gone on Afton's birthday, so we let her open her presents from Grandma and Grandpa Cheney before we left.
1 comment:
free donuts every day?!
Post a Comment