We had breakfast at a crepe place overlooking the Pantheon and then took the metro to the Eiffel Tower. The metro signs were pretty cool.
Every place we went had a super long line to get through security. Dan had visited once before 9/11 and everything was just open, but now it's a different story and a lot of time is spent waiting in line.
We bought tickets to climb the 675 stairs to the second platform. It was a gorgeous day.
It's always nice when you can ask someone else to take your picture.
It got a little cloudy as we were heading back down.
We ate lunch at a cute little restaurant. So many of the restaurants here are TINY. I could have reached out and put my arm around the woman at the table next to me. Dan had a tomato/mozzarella quiche and I had a croque moseiur, which is basically a grilled cheese with ham and then they melt more cheese on top as far as I could tell. But a friend of ours who used to live in Paris told me to get one, so I did.
On we walked. We stopped at Napoleon's Tomb, which is housed in a beautiful building that I forgot to take a picture of. Here's the dome inside.
His giant coffin, which is made up of like seven different coffins.
After that we went to the Rodin Museum. He's the guy who sculpted The Thinker and The Gates of Hell from Dante's Inferno. The gold dome in the background is the Dome des Invalides where Napoleon's tomb is.
Next up was the Musee d'Orsay, which has more impressionist paintings. This museum was more my style than the Louvre and although large, still managable. I only took one picture in there.
My ankle, which acts up sometimes, had started to hurt at that point. We took a metro to our next location - Sacre Coure in the Montmartre area (a hill overlooking lots of the city).
We joined lots of others on these steps to soak in the view.
And I just want to say that my photobomb game was on-point for most of this trip. I wish I could see some of the pictures with me in the background.
We finished the night with crepes once again. We tried this tiny little place and it was stupendous.
There was seating in there for only twelve people. Salty crepes for dinner with a nutella crepe for me and a lemon crepe for Dan. Then took the metro back to our hotel!
Wednesday, April 11, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The trip looks super fun. I can't believe you did all that in 2 days.
Post a Comment