We started the day with a family hike to Bear Fence at Shenandoah, which had reopened since the crazy windstorm. It was supposed to be fairly warm that day, but once we got into the park, it was significantly colder. So we didn't spend much time at the view.
I had to return something to Short Pump and Eli loved the big tree and other huge Christmas decorations.
Afton's New Year's resolution on the top right left me scratching my head... Then she explained that she meant past boyfriends. A pretty short list!
Eli turned FOUR!
Afton is the sweetest. She made him this robot.
He requested a blue and black cake, as well as these Christmas candles which I think I purchased at a thrift store 15 years ago. So I washed them thoroughly and placed them on the cake. Then I threw them away so he won't ask for them again next year!
For the fifth or sixth year in a row, I have completed my gym's "12 days of fitness" where you have to go twelve times in December and do a different requirement each time. This was by far the ugliest shirt I've gotten so far, but I got a big size so that it will carry me through the last few months of pregnancy.
Speaking of...
Eli loves these robots at the library.
Dan wanted to take Afton rollerskating, so I took the boys to Chuck E. Cheese. They loved it. Eli spent pretty much all his money on a shooting game. Sam diversified and tried to get tickets, but he came away with some pathetic plastic tiny toy nonetheless.
Lunch at the elementary school. I brought chili for myself but Afton begged for it so I ended up with a PB&J.
When we redid our upstairs bathrooms, we didn't redo the floors. So I painted the grout and even though I still don't love the floors, I think it's easier for me to live with now that it looks like this. I have yet to do the kids' bathroom. It's pretty tedious.



















No comments:
Post a Comment