Friday, June 29, 2007

Dan and I have spent some of our time tracking down the finer attractions of Houston. In between those excursions, we have happened upon Houston's real treasures - the Beer Can House (you can guess what this house is covered with), and our own favorite - the antelope head house. Okay, so that's not a real attraction, but when we saw it, we just had to capture the moment. Usually people just keep the antlers from the animals they've killed. These people wanted to preserve the whole head. Rumor has it that squirrels will eat animal busts like that so maybe that's why it's partially protected with a piece of cloth? It's a mystery.


4 comments:

The Olsons said...

I guess it looks like bath room tiles maybe?

S. said...

There used to be long chains of beer can tops hanging all over the porch and off the gutters--are those still there? I know that the neighbors aren't thrilled about the house, so I'm glad to see that it's still around at all.

Jess and Jared said...

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that we found your blog. I am so excited.

Jess

Sarah H said...

Good Times. Houston is definitely diverse, eh? Now you just need to go to the Orange Exhibit. One man's ode to oranges...or something like that.