Monday, July 02, 2007

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
Dan and I recently celebrated our third anniversary! Last Tuesday, June 26, we went out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory in the Houston Galleria. I had only eaten there once before and it was Dan's first time but thanks to Amanda's recommendation, we went! We split a really good chicken dish and then split a piece of cheesecake with strawberries. So DELICIOUS!
Dan got me flowers and... tickets to the Keith Urban concert this week! I am SOOO excited! I got him some CDs (boring, boring, I know!) that he had been wanting.
After dinner we went to take a ballroom basics dance class (Dan is too nice to me!) but we got lost and didn't get there until the class was half over (maybe he planned that) so we're going to give it another shot this week! Very exciting. Thanks, Dan for a great anniversary!And as a last piece of news, about 10 minutes after the FedEx man delivered our concert tickets, I got an email from KeithUrban.net saying that I had WON a pair of tickets to the exact same concert! TOTALLY AWESOME! Poor Dan... I loved his present, though! Now we're going to take my brother and sister-in-law, too.

8 comments:

Landon said...

Yahoo! A Durst blog. I think that this is a great idea.

And thanks for the insight on Houston. I think the hair looks great, and I think that putting beer cans on your house would be a great idea. No matter what part of town you move to, there is no way a neighbor would object.

Just Katy said...

Wow, Dan is going to make life very hard for the rest of the guys in our ward.
Congrats on the tickets!

Amanda said...

Woot woot! A shout out!!! Thanks Kristen. Look how popular you are. Now you can't stop posting!

The Olsons said...

Congrats!

You look really good did you do something to your hair?

What a great anniversary present I give Dan props!!!

Sarah H said...

Sounds like a fabulous Celebration!

Kristen said...

Thanks, Michelle! I just straightened it and it kind of got a curl on it's own from all of this humidity! And Dan says thanks for the props.

Jules said...

Congrats on 3! I love the picture where you're making faces. And why, seeing as you're from Cville, did you not get married at the D.C. temple?!!? You are now disowned as a Virginian.

Kristen said...

I know, I know... My grandpa's from Provo and he can't travel well anymore so we got married in Utah. DC is second in our hearts, though!