Sunday, July 15, 2007

SATURDAY FUN EXTRAVAGANZA

Saturday, we had a day of fun-filled excitement. We first drove to Space Center Houston. We were greeted by a guy in an astronaut outfit, which we thought was pretty cool, but the novelty wore off when we realized pretty much everyone wore an astronaut outfit. You've gotta feel bad for the astronaut that goes through all that schooling and elite astronaut training just to be stuck on parking booth duty.

They had some pretty cool stuff there, like old astronaut helmets that you could try on to see how cool you'd look on the moon. With astronauts this good looking, who wouldn't put on a diaper just to be able to drive 500 miles without stopping?!
We went on a tour of the astronaut training area, which I thought was pretty exciting. You can see how good looking Kristen's bangs are in these pictures.
After all the excitement at the Space Center, we continued down the road to Galveston to go to the beach. I went in first, and waited while Kristen took pictures on the beach.


It was pretty nice out, but the waves aren't quite big enough to go boogie boarding or anything.

6 comments:

The Harrisons said...

That's funny that they seem to have the helmets tied down. Are they afraid someone is really going to run off with them? On second thought, if I had a mantle one of those would look good on it ;)

Jess and Jared said...

You guys look great in helmets. :) The beach looks fun too. One of these days we will make it the the beach too.

Jess

Sarah H said...

Did you guys go to Kemah? If so, how was it? We didn't make it to Kemah.

Just Katy said...

I like the swimsuit photo shoot on the beach. I did have to blow it up a couple times but it's made a wonderful life size poster. NASA looks fun too.

Kristen said...

Thanks, Katy. Dan has been working on perfecting that pose for months. Blue Steel eat your heart out.

BDandFamily said...

Hey stalkers! ;) You guys are so animated I love it.