Thursday, July 26, 2007

Life's Simple Pleasures

Well, not much new has happened in my life, so I'm going to take a moment to share one of my work joys with all of you. I work for a program that develops lesson plans and teaching resources for K-12 civics and government teachers. It's a pretty fun job. Aside from a nice chair, other perks include a mini-fridge in my office, a window, and a name plate on the door. Very exciting things. But perhaps the best part of my job is surfing school websites. Oftentimes, a teacher will sign up to receive our resources but I have to make sure they're legit before I allow them access to our site. To verify that they are, in fact, teaching, I usually go to the school website and look them up. Most of the time, I just look them up and I'm done with it. Other times, I come across school pictures that just crack me up! So I'm going to share some with you. You may not like these as much as I do, but who's to say until I show you?

First: The Yearbook Pictures

Yes, this is real. All of the other teachers were just regular.

I wish this picture was larger because it's my absolute favorite. These teachers are one-of-a-kind!

Second: School Activities

Cross-dressing pep rally.

I just love the hot dog kid. I only hope our future posterity are half as cool... or shameless. I also like the kid riding the turkey.

I don't really know why this picture was on a school site, but I think it's funny.

And Lastly...


4 comments:

Amanda said...

Amazing! I'm really hoping that one teacher teaches Shakespearian Literature or something. Nah, maybe he's just a Weirdo McGee. And what's with the lady wearing the tacky viking hat that she won at the local fair? She must be a master at throwing rings on milk bottles!

Just Katy said...

Now that's why all of my children will be attending public school. I know they'll have a much better chance of fitting in.

davecharliebrown said...

K I don't know why I didn't know you had a blog, but I'm glad I found it! Nice pictures.

And Katy - your kids have no chance.

Landon said...

I think Dan should dress up as a hot dog for his firm picture. I think it would be memorable.