Sunday, July 08, 2007

A POST BY DAN



This has been a pretty busy week --



Monday I went to the doctor and she told me I had GERD, because I was too stressed out. I actually think it's mostly because my pants are too tight now that I'm packing on the pounds. Luckily, I have a couple of pairs of stretchy pants.



Tuesday we went dancing. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. And I figured it might help my GERD. Also, Bracewell & Giuliani treated me to a game of cosmic bowling and "Live Free or Die Hard" during the work day.



Wednesday we visited the Houston zoo because it was free. It was surprisingly good. I've sort of been disappointed with a few of the cultural attractions here, but it pretty much had all the animals you like to see at the zoo -- elephants, tigers, giraffes, baby mole rats, etc. I think they were just missing hippos. We saw Ratatouille in the afternoon, then watched fireworks.



Thursday we went to the Keith Urban concert. Kristen swooned every time he walked by us on the catwalk. But she got to take several good photos of his back sweat.



Friday B&G planned an Amazing Race for us summer associates. I was in it to win it, but my team came in 4th. Out of 6. But we got to ride in limos all around town, and at the end of the day, a limo took me home. Kristen came down so she could be in a limo once in her life.



Saturday we went to the movies to see Transformers, but it was sold out. So we saw Oceans 13. After the exhilaration of Oceans 11 and then the devastating disappointment of Oceans 12, I was hesitant to see it. Not because I was afraid it would be lousy, but because I was angry that I had been tricked into watching 12 simply because 11 was so good. But I rose above that vengeful attitude, and actually thought 13 was alright.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Sorry about the GERD Dan. Ben said he's never met a law intern who has been so stressed. Relax! And Kristen, I'll put aside a coupon for you. We'll be here until July 30, so we'll have to meet up so I can give it to you before we move. I'm glad you'll be in VA for a little while before we move!

Kristen said...

Sounds great. Thanks, Amanda! Yeah, we'll definitely have to get together sometime b/c I'll most likely be pretty bored! And when that happens I usually rent a chick flick and eat tons of ice cream. Well, even if we did get together, I'd do that anyway, but at least I'll feel less guilty about it.

Just Katy said...

So I didn't know what GERD is so I looked it up on Wikipedia and this is what it said:
Gerd-is a Jotun-giantess in Norse Mythology most well known as the wife of the Norse god Freyr. She is the most beautiful of all creatures and may have been a personification of soil fertility and sex. Her brilliant, naked arms illuminated air and sea.
Apparently, Gerd and GERD are two very different things.

Just Katy said...

PS I hope you feel better.

The Olsons said...

Oh my gosh Katy!!! Hahaha.
Dan sorry your not feeling well, get better. Have you tried relaxation techniques yet?

Sarah H said...

Yuck. No fun. Well, hopefully your dancing lessons help your stress levels. :)