Saturday, July 21, 2007

OUR QUEST

Ever since our sojourn in Houston began, Dan and I have been on a quest of great importance - a quest to find Houston's best chocolate milkshake. We searched high and low and have yet (in my opinion) been able to locate the ultimate shake of this large city. We've tried Beck's (this great burger place that everyone swore was the best), 59 Diner (known for its shakes), some preppy bar-type place called 17, Fuddruckers (we know it's not a local place, but we don't have one in C-ville), and a local ice cream hangout called Amy's. Unfortunately, I haven't come across one place that was just amazing, but in my opinion, the winner is....
Amy's was the closest to a nice, thick, chocolately cup of pure joy... Dan liked Fuddruckers.


How about you guys? Which is your favorite place for a chocolate shake? P.S. I'm back in VA on Monday - who's up for a taste test???

13 comments:

Just Katy said...

Hurray! I'm so glad you'll be back. I have very strong opinions about what constitutes a good milkshake. Westerners seem to think that a good milkshake is just softened ice cream in a cup. Yuck! Milkshakes are a careful balance between solid and liquid form that only the most skilled can achieve. I'll be interested in your findings.

Just Katy said...

Oh yeah, so Rush's in South Carolina, has the best milkshakes!

Kristen said...

oh, man. I wish I had known that when Dan and I went down there back in March! Maybe we'll go again sometime...

The Harrisons said...

My favorite is a local unknown gem where I get a chocolate milkshake everytime I go! You'll probably never come across the place, but I'll let you know anyway. The name of the place is Red Robin. Ever heard of it?

C&C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
C&C said...

girlfriend--
write about something like the cute clothes you bought and post some model shots so i can see more what your bangs look like!

Amanda said...

Um, I know Ben would be up for a taste test trip. He's obsessed with chocolate milk shakes. Recently we've been frequenting the local Chik-fil-a for some shakes. They're pretty decent. Can't wait to see you on Wednesday, be there or be square!

Jess and Jared said...

Maybe I am boring, but I think Ben and Jerry's has the best shakes! I am totally up for a taste trip in a few more weeks.

Jess

Dan said...

did i go to 17?

Kristen said...

Dan - yeah, remember we went w/ the Crawls? Milkshake and donuts? You weren't feeling well. Probably why you don't remember.
Candice - I can't have this turn into a fashion show. Please, girl!
Amanda - I'm totally there! I can't come on Thursday, but Wed for sure.
Kat - Red Robin is GOOD! It's hit and miss for me, though. One time it was amazing, the next time a little runny.
Jess - We'll have to put B&J's to the test when you get back!

Jamie said...

Okay Dan and Kristen you guys may very well have the coolest blog around! Sorry to offend the rest of you but this blog made me smile more than once. I love it! I have no opinion on the milkshake situation however...and Kristen yes we are in Knoxville.
Jamie

K said...

Dan:
You have such a pretty smile. You guys look so good in all your pictures. Sometimes people purposely good off in all their pictures, but you guys are 100 % FIERCE, 100% of the time. Just really, really ridiculously good looking.

K said...

I meant goof, not good.