Sunday, October 07, 2007

This week has been pretty fabulous - aside from work and school. So pretty much just Friday through Sunday have been fabulous, but that's good, too! Friday Dan and I headed out to the Virginia State Fair in Richmond.
Much to our excitement, there was a demolition derby that night! I had my eye on the Master of Disaster. In his heat, he came out victorious. Dan picked the car that ended up flipping over. What can I say, I've got an eye for winners (hence marrying Dan, right?). I guess that means that Dan doesn't... but only when it comes to demo. cars.

So we watched the demo derby for a while and then went to a lot of animal tents. I felt bad for the pigs (read the sign above them)
and was astonished to see a chicken with hairy feet. Who knew? This chicken is more like that huge one from Seinfeld that fights Little Jerry.


At the end of the night, I wanted to try either some fried oreos or a fried candy bar but the oreos were too expensive and the candy bars were sold out. Has anyone every tried them before? How are they? I think I'm going to have to look up a recipe online and give it a try. Most definitely. Let me know if you want an in on that.

Saturday, my dad and I took pictures of my sister and her fiance, Craig, for their announcements. Some of them turned out pretty cute. I love to take pictures and was excited to be able to help. In exchange, they brought me a huge tub of my favorite thing in the world (aside from Dan and Moosetracks ice cream) - Cox's creamed honey from Shelly, Idaho. It is amazing. I'd consider that a fair trade.



And lastly, I've loved spending time with Dan and watching General Conference. I do admit that I fell asleep briefly a few times, but I really loved the talks that were given and love the push that they give me to try and be a better person. Such a wonderful time every 6 months!

5 comments:

SAM!!! said...

Congrats on the fun weekend. You guys sure know how to keep it live. Did candice ask for some of those poses? the hand on his cheek most specifically?

Sarah H said...

good job on the photos.

K said...

Good post. It made me chuckle. "A hairy-footed chicken? Chuckle Chuckle Chuckle. A huge pumpkin? Chuckle Chuckle Chuckle." Like that.
Dude, a car actually flipped? The last demolition derby we went to in VA was WEAK: too much mud and too little space, which makes for no big hits. Glad this one was more legit. Ours was a mere county fair, though, so perhaps they step it up for the big show.

Just Katy said...

I've eaten a fried oreo. It was much better than I expected. The frying process makes the oreo disintegrate into a smooth chocolatey mush, which is sort of brownie like. And then there's the nice crunchy fried crust. Not too bad for 2,000 calories.

I LOVE state fairs. I'm jealous.

Marlo said...

man, what fun adventures you are having. We are jealous.