Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Life of Pi


Has anyone read this? I just finished it a few days ago and I'm kind of confused. Which story is true? I think it's the second one, but after I told Dan about the story, he thinks it's the first. Maybe it is the first, but no one would believe him and that's the point? Am I so dense? Probably.


Thoughts?

6 comments:

Gretchen said...

I started reading it, but I never finished it. My mom LOVED it---I'll ask her.

SAM!!! said...

the second is an allegory the first is real. Ask wikipedia. or maybe I'm wrong.

Just Katy said...

I really enjoyed the book. I always love to hear how people take it. The way I read it, the book is a practice (in the way a math problem is a practice) of belief and faith. It test what you the reader are capable of believing. What satisfies you more - what is most likely or a remarkable story? Can you "believe in the better story" in actual life? Can you believe at all? This all centers around that section that talks about the moment of death. It helps to reread that section.

This is a bit foggy. I read the book a couple years ago.

K said...

Happy Birthday! I didn't tell you that on your actual birthday because I figured everyone else would. This way you stretch out the magic.

C&C said...

you didn't tell her on her actual birthday because, let's face it, you FORGOT.

C&C said...

here are my thoughts:
post pictures from the wedding. post pictures of sam.
thank you.