Sunday, April 26, 2009


Birthdays, Alligators, and Weddings

Thursday was my 25th birthday! I can't believe I am such an oldy moldy. I can now rent a car. So exciting. Thursday night my parents flew into town because my cousin got married Saturday in the Houston Temple.

Thursday we went out to dinner and then came home to eat cake and ice cream. I got some sweet presents. My phone broke a while ago and I got a new one but then that one broke. So I asked my parents to bring me just a cheap free one from Virginia (I'm on their family plan) and they brought me a totally tricked out phone that does all sorts of things that I don't even understand. I think it will take me quite a while to figure it all out. But so far, I've learned how to play all the rockin' tunes my dad put on it like John Denver and Huey Lewis. It's amazing.
My big present from Dan was a plane ticket to Utah to go to one of my best friend's wedding this Saturday. I am really excited.

Friday my parents and I went down to Brazos Bend State Park to look for alligators. We saw 8 total. Most of them were hanging out pretty far from where we were, but there was one that was REALLY close. He was eyeing Sammy for a tasty lunch, but Sam flexed his bulging biceps and the alligator jumped into the lake. After we walked around the lake, we went to a nature center and Sam got to pet a baby alligator.
Saturday were the wedding festivities. Heather looked so pretty! Sorry to Jon 'cause he's making a funny face, but this is one of the only pictures I got! I loved seeing my aunts and uncles. They are such fun, loving people. They crack me up. Unfortunately this is the only picture of them that I got.
Sam was a cranky pants hanging out outside the temple so I took his shirt off and let him play in the fountain. He loved it until I made him stop.
It was a good weekend. I loved having my parents visit and Sammy loved being spoiled and held by all his relatives.

9 comments:

SAM!!! said...

That's a pretty rocking weekend! gators and 1/2 skinny dippin in the temple fountain!

C&C said...

thank you for granting my wish. sam's facial expressions crack me up. I wish I had been there. SEE YOU ON FRIDAY!

Yin said...

That sounds like a fun weekend! I love it when grandparents come to visit!

I can't believe the tiny alligator they grow so much!!

Have fun in Utah!

The Harrisons said...

Happy belated birthday! 25 is a doozy. I can't believe you went and saw alligators! I hope there was a fence between you and them.

Casey said...

How fun, Kristen! I'm definitely adding alligators to the list of must-sees when we come to TX this summer.

Julie said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday! That's fun that your parents were there, too. I hope you got my email I sent on Friday.

By the way, you look great! Again, I wish I could see you this weekend :( . I hope you have fun at the wedding!

Betsy said...

Kristen, this happened with Julie. I have been thinking about you and your birthday all month then of course I totally space it when the time does finally come. I hope you had a fabulous birthday.
I am so jealous that you get to go to Brittney's wedding, at least thats who I am assuming you are flying out to Utah to see get married on the same day as Brittney.

Sarah H said...

happy belated birthday. I love the photo of you holding sam playing in the water. adorable.

The Olsons said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun for you b-day! You know you're getting old when you feel much younger than the age sounds.

When can we come searching for alligators? :)