Wednesday, July 22, 2009



My sis took these cute pics in VA.

Well, I don't have much to say but I wanted to put up something new to take the top spot. We had our "walk through" today of the new house which consisted of us putting little bits of painter's tape on every flaw we saw - weird paint spots, mostly. It still doesn't seem real that we're going to be living there in ONE WEEK!

Who knew that so much was involved in buying a house? Mortgage company, inspectors, meetings, homeowner's insurance, hooking up alarm systems, internet, etc. It's stressing me out. Well, it should be, but I don't think I get stressed too easily.

They put on the front door today. (Before that it was just a janky piece of wood.) It looks super cool. It has a little window in the middle that actually opens. So now we don't have to open the door if there's a salesperson there. We just open the little window and say, "No, thank you. Please go away." Then you don't feel bad for shutting the door in his/her face. You just shut the little window in his/her face. Much more courteous, yes?

7 comments:

SAM!!! said...

you mean SLAM THE LITTLE DOOR! You should come up with a password and when people come you open the little window and say in your deepest voice "PASSWORD??" if they don't know close it and walk away.
Buying a house is pretty crazy isn't it? Lot's to do. Congrats I expect pictures.

K said...

I don't think buying a house is too bad; if you have a realtor it's not terrible. Building a house is a probably a lot more work.

C&C said...

your sister is a bomb photog.

maynard said...

Cute little guy you've got there.

I agree with Sam's posting, we need pictures!

Jonesy said...

Seriously, show us pictures.
-Arielle

Unknown said...

I want to see some pics of your new house! I know buying a house can be such a difficult process, but I'm excited for you guys. It's going to be so fun to have a place of your own!

Sarah H said...

You make me laugh about your little window! I like the previous comment of making people enter a password too. Hilarious.