Monday, December 07, 2009

Happenings

We've been pretty busy here. Dan's parents have been in town for about 3 weeks (first for a business trip, then for Thanksgiving). It was great to have them! We spent a few days here in Houston and then headed over to Dan's brother's house for Thanksgiving. Just like last year, the food was delicious and it was fun to hang out with them, go on a few dates, and play rockband. When I play those drums, it makes me want to ask for a drumset. A real one. But I think I'll just wait 10 years and play the part of the annoying parent and make Sam learn. I will then play his set when he's at school. That's the plan.

On one quick date we went to Half Priced Books and got a LOAD of loot! We got some books for Sam for Christmas, some classics, and others that we've wanted to read but haven't yet. It was awesome. Right now I'm reading Peace Like a River and I'm loving it so far. $2, baby.

Dan's dad headed home a few days after Thanksgiving and Dan's mom stayed until this morning. It was nice to have her here and have some help with things around the house. Sam woke up this morning look for Grandma but she had already left.

Yesterday was Dan's birthday! He is 28. Hopefully he doesn't mind me saying that. It was fast Sunday and let me tell you, it's hard to make a cake and frosting on fast Sunday! I think it turned out alright. Except the pink frosting, which was labeled "Christmas red". For dinner, Dan requested baked potato soup. Dan got a few books, a CD, a basketball, a camping stove, a picture for his office, and an alarm clock that projects the time and temperature on the ceiling. I love you, Dan! Happy birthday!!!

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Happy birthday Dan! Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever known how old Dan is...he's a few months younger than JC, so I think I'll always remember now. Good job on his gifts Kristen, I'd love to get any of those for my birthday. You gave me some good ideas for JC for Christmas. It looks like you had fun with Dan's family!

Katrina said...

Oh, and cute cake! I bet Dan was ecstatic about the "Christmas Red":)

Erin said...

Where did you find an alarm clock like that? I asked Clark for the alarm clock on the back of the raisin bran box for Christmas, but a projector alarm clock with time AND temperature would be magical.

Erin said...

Btw, is the first pic of Sam and Audrey? They're both getting so big!