Sunday, January 10, 2010

Not much going on around here lately.

It's cold. So cold. So cold that we went out today only to go to and from church. So cold that Sam's worn his coat more often here than he did when we were in Idaho. So cold that our outside sprinkler pipe busted and shot water up into the air as high as the second-story window. (The water had frozen and then thawed.) And we weren't home. So we're not sure how long it was like that. We're afraid to get the water bill...

Did anyone watch the story on 20/20 on Friday called "Katie's Story"? (I know you didn't, Ryan, but just you know, John Stossell doesn't do 20/20 anymore if that makes you happy.) It was a sad story about a pretty girl who lived in London and worked as a model. She dated this psycho possessive freak for 2 weeks and he did some bad things to her. Then he had his friend find her in the street and splash sulphuric acid all over her face. It burned off all of her skin. I can't believe how cruel people can be. Her boyfriend got 2 life sentences but could be out of prison in 16 years. (How the heck does that make sense?) But she's used her experience to do some positive things with her life and she's now trying to help other burn victims. The episode isn't posted on ABC's website yet, but it probably will be soon if you're interested.

Now I'll post pictures of the week.

First: I wanted to do my Texas hair again. It's been a while and I had a good feeling one night that it would be glorious. You be the judge.

Before:

After:




Today Sam and Dan played the guitar together. They were both happy despite how they may appear.


And Sam wore the coonskin cap from Dan's childhood. The next Davy Crockett.


13 comments:

K said...

Dude, that picture of Sam and Dan playing the guitar is pure art. That should be accompanied by an interview with Dan where he talks about creative control and how much he hates the radio and how cool radiohead is and stuff.
It's so hard to find stuff to do when it's this cold. At least you guys have a big old house so you can explore a new wing or check out a room you haven't been into yet.

C&C said...

girl, your hair is off. the. CHAINS. that is a cute picture of sammy and dan. i like 20/20 but i only catch it here and there (isn't it on friday or saturday nights? so yeah...unless i'm totally bored...)

SAM!!! said...

I saw a preview of the girl from the 20/20 story and I said the same thing "What is wrong with people?" I can't believe how purely evil some people are and the things they can do to others. On a happier note....that hair is crazy! That must have taken a lot of teasing...and hairspray??
Teresa

Kristen said...

Nope. No teasing. No hairspray. I just brushed it out after having it curly that day. (So I did have some gel in it from earlier.)

Kevin, Jenni and Conor said...

How do you undo Texas hair?! WOW is all I can say!!! Oh, and Sam is super cute!! :)

Brittney said...

Wow. Love the hair. It's like you have a free wig whenever you want because it looks so different! ha! And I don't ever watch 20/20 but I'm pretty sure the one and only episode I have ever seen was that one! Anyway, that was a terrible story! What jerks. I was wondering about the whole jail time too... he should never get out.

Nan and Aaron said...

Cold? Good thing you're not here in Chicago. It puts a whole new meaning on the word "cold"! Hope you are well!

C&C said...

cold because sam had to wear his coat? please child. come to UT. or NE, for that matter.

Sarah H said...

You have some pretty talented hair. I would hate to get the tangles out after it was so big.

I hope both those crazy jerks went to jail. It's sad that there are such horrible people in the world.

SAM!!! said...

COLD? be glad you don't live in the desert in Southern California! Please!

maynard said...

That hair gone wild is the bomb. Now, if Dan will just grow a mullet and Sam would wear the coonskin hat y'all would be in perfect hairmony.

ashlee said...

I love the hair! Stephanie was telling me the other day that she thinks she has been living in Idaho too long because she was thinking that her hair needed to be bigger. You may have been in Texas too long :-)

C&C said...

maynard's on a roll.