Yesterday I asked Dan to take a 29-week picture of me. I thought it would be fun to also go back and find a picture from when I was 29 weeks with Sam to compare. When I found it, I was so embarrassed to realize that I'm wearing the EXACT SAME THING - down to the necklace - that I did for the picture over 2 years ago. Well, at least it will be a true comparison, right? Sam on left, baby girl on right. I feel a lot bigger this time around.
I've been working on some projects that I wanted to complete before our baby comes along. Sam is really into modes of transportation, so I thought it would be fun to paint some silhouettes of various things to hang on his walls. I found images online, blew them up, traced them onto canvas, and painted them. Total project cost was around $12. (The 16x20 canvases were buy one get one free and I already had 3 of the paint colors.) We haven't hung them but maybe I'll post a picture of that after we do. Sam could identify all of them except the airplane, but I don't blame him. My bad.
Sam's been doing this weird yoga-type move where he bends over, puts his head to the floor, and lifts his arms. I tried to get him to do it on his own, but it's easier to get him to do it when I'm singing "Once There Was A Snowman" so you get to hear my beautiful voice.
9 comments:
Is it weird that I wore the exact same outfit yesterday too... even down to the necklace?!?! Just kidding about the necklace part, but seriously I love that dress for Sundays. I need another one like it. And please, you don't look bigger. I for sure know that I'm bigger this time around, but I just keep blaming it on the fact that this time I'm having a girl.
A limited supply of maternity wear= frequently wearing the same thing when maternity-ing. No shame in that.
Nice work on the canvii
lookin good, girl! i wear the same thing pretty much every sunday. ugh. and nice canvii. i just finished Charlotte's mobile and will do an unveiling on the blog probably tonight. but i can't hang it from the ceiling yet because we don't have the crib.
Team Carter repeated Canvii. I have created a word.
You look great! Seriously. And I don't think you look bigger than you did with Sam. That's so funny that you have the exact same thing on.
How did you get that canvas so cheap?! I just did a project with canvas and it was about $6-$7 each and that was 1/2 off and using the cheapest quality canvas. Corvallis is expensive so maybe that's it.
Sam is in touch with the universe. We could all take a lesson from him.
You are so cute pregnant! I love the transportation pictures, I might copy that if we ever have a boy ;).
I was looking at this post again and I just love the artwork you did for Sam. Such a good and feasible idea.
I love the video of Sam too.
Post a Comment