Last Tuesday I took Sam to Target to get his 2-year pictures taken. I thought it would be nice to have some of him before the baby came. The lady got us all set up and ready to go. Once she led us into the darkened room, Sam was not feeling it. She tried to get him to sit down. He wouldn't. She tried to get him to stand on the red dot. He wouldn't. She asked him to look at the light. He turned the opposite direction and stared at the door. I offered him poptarts, cars, lollipops. Nothing worked. We left empty-handed 20 minutes later. Sam was more than happy to get out of there. He kept saying, "Pictures taken all done!" Too bad we didn't get to TAKE any pictures! I was kind of embarrassed to waste so much of that lady's time, but she admitted that we were probably the only people she'd see that day anyway... I'll have to remember to have baby girl's pictures taken more often so that she's used to it. I've only ever taken Sam once and he didn't like it then either.
Sam and I went with some friends to the Children's Museum. He really liked it and cried when we left. We also went to the pool a few times and he has learned how to go down the slide all by himself. When I was there with him alone, he went down the slide for 2 hours straight. So now my pool experience consists of standing at the bottom and making sure he doesn't drown when he gets out.
Dan's mom sent us a lot of Dan's old toys and things when we first moved into our house. In one of the boxes was this little vest that Dan's aunt made him. Today Sam wore it all day long. Even during nap time. When I got out the camera to take a picture, Sam wanted to show me the white car his great grandpa gave him. He sensibly calls it "great grandpa white car."
Then he showed me the blue car he got for his birthday. He calls it "birthday blue car."
Finally I got some shots of his sweet vest.
5 comments:
Good for you for even attempting to get professional shots done of him. Ethan doesn't have any and I feel like I've neglected him or something. Granted I've take a million pictures of him myself and we have a decent camera, but nothing that we picked out outfits for and took to have framed for our home. And the vest would be right up Ethan's alley. I mean c'mon Sheriff Woody wears a vest, why wouldn't Ethan?
Sam,
Cool vest. I like the star on the back!
he's like a dallas cowboy cheerleader!
I like Sam's hair. That vest is hilarious. do you let him wear it in public? he needs an entire cowboy outfit to go with it.
Two hours straight?!! That's incredible. That's great he likes the slide so much.
Post a Comment