The hostess with the mostest. And the host with the most.
(Check out my nail polish in this picture. It's gold. Actually, it's called Glitzerland. I was feeling very adventurous. Dan thought it was outrageous. I told him that at least nail polish is temporary, right?)
Friday Dan and I got to go on our first date since Afton was born. We went to see "Tangled." And we LOVED it! It was really cute.
It's so nice to go out with Dan. I feel kind of anxious now when we go out because I worry about our kids (or those who have to watch our kids...), but it's great to get to hold Dan's hand and watch a movie! Thanks to the Wards for the baby swap.
Saturday we put up all the Christmas decorations, did some shopping, and just relaxed. We loved every second of it.
Yesterday our neighborhood put on their "Winter Festival." When you hear winter festival, you probably think of snow, sleigh rides and hot chocolate. A Texas winter festival involves pony rides, petting zoos, train rides, horse-drawn carriage rides, and a meeting with Santa. It was 75 degrees.
Sam really liked riding the pony.
And petting the animals. Although he always stands behind goats and things and I'm afraid he's going to get kicked.
He didn't really like sitting on the llama.
He's been talking about Santa a lot, but talking about him and meeting him are two very different things. Sam got really nervous and almost started to cry.
He's getting better, though... Last year:
At least Santa gave him some toys.

8 comments:
I can't see all of your pictures (like sam almost crying with santa) and it's bugging. dan thinks that nailpolish is outrageous? next time get some fake ones with zebra stripes and jewels. 2 weeks until we get to see you!
I can see the pictures now. your shirt is cute. and santa's beard could really use some work.
Great picture of your family at Kirks, and that nail polish doesn't look at all wild in the photo. Wish we could have seen you folks at Thanksgiving but we are looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.
Oh my, 75 degrees. That sounds nice. What is it like to wear shorts? I'm glad that Sam had a wonderful time with Santa, I find it funny that we keep forcing the tradition of visiting santa on our kids, even though they never like it as much as they think they will.
At my orientation training, the woman in charge of teaching us the computer system had long zebra striped nails with jewels, like Candice described. That was the only time I thought nails were outrageous, because it actually prevented her from successfully performing her job. She couldn't even type in her password or any commands. She had to use her knuckles while we all waited.
We're curious to see how Carter's going to react to Santa at our ward party in a few days.
I think you should keep up with the nail polish. I noticed you didn't have it on in the later pics! I always get a good laugh out of your kid holiday pictures (Santa & Easter Bunny). Maybe someday Sam will be excited and smiling about it.
Love the picture of Sam by the Christmas tree! I'm glad my child is not the only one scared of Santa!
Kristen, I just love you! (I loved your hostess and host line:) I'm glad to hear Tangled was so good! I know, the first few times going out after a new baby is born you kind of have this nervous feeling in your gut the whole time. but I'm glad you did it! Your family is so cute.
Post a Comment