Saturday, June 25, 2011

The New Dress

Here it is! Without a top on underneath, it's a little too loose.
 Give me that camera!
Sam came and wanted in on the picture-taking action. Here he is trying to teach Afton his funny face.

She picked up on it pretty quickly.
Since she can't stand on her own yet, we had to wait for Daddy to take some pictures standing up.

 And this girl must finally be teething. Her tongue it out of control!

It was a fun project. Quick, pretty basic (although I did learn how to make my own bias tape, which was a little tricky for a beginner like me), and cheap. I bought this fabric at Walmart for $1/yd! Next time, I'll make the straps shorter and closer together in front. I'll also probably shorten the length some and maybe learn how to do buttons instead of snaps.

9 comments:

Fabulous Featherette said...

So cute Kristen--the dress and the kidlets!

C&C said...

Cute dress! Afton is getting so much hair! And i'm surprised by how dark it is.

SAM!!! said...

super handy. she's a ham.

SAM!!! said...

in the good way

SAM!!! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SAM!!! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SAM!!! said...

We saw one of those camera's that you got for Sam at walmart today and it reminded me how much I liked the Sam Pics Post. Does he still use it? If so more please.

Sarah H said...

Fun Times. The dress turned out great. So cute. (Button holes are not easy. I hate doing them.)

Rebecca said...

SUPER cute! Love it!