Monday, July 11, 2011

Washington

We just got back from a week-long visit to Kennewick, Washington to see Dan's family. All of the siblings and families were there and it was so great to see everyone! Last time we were all together was Christmas 2004. We had a great time catching up and seeing how the cousins have grown up since last time we saw them.

We jumped on the trampoline.

(Sam was done after that jump.)

Cousins played video games.

We lit fireworks and those little bottle things where you pull the string and confetti comes out. What are those called?




 Handsome Luke.
Cousins played together.
We woke Sam up for a few of the fireworks. It got a little chilly so he snuggled with Daddy.
One day we took family pictures. I LOVE this picture of Sam. I'd love it even more if he hadn't unbuttoned his shirt like he was on Miami Vice.
 Above is Afton with her cousin Lucy.

One morning all the men (plus Noah) went shooting.

And the next morning, all the ladies (minus Amy) got manicures and pedicures.

One day we walked around the Columbia River Temple grounds. So pretty.


Matt let us borrow his truck while we were there. Dan loved it.

Dan's dad runs the observatory at Columbia Basin College so he met us and gave us a little tour. We saw a star, Jupiter, and the sun (through a solar telescope). It was really neat. He let Sam open the top.





I got to meet up with my old roommate, Betsy, one day. It was so great to see her and her two cute kids!
(And may I just say how great it was to be in dry weather and to be able to straighten my hair and have it stay that way?????)

A shot of the tracks on the way to Matt and Amy's.
Having dinner and Mom and Dad D's.

One night all the adults got to go out to dinner. Then we came home and played a few games and had an "Ugly Picture" contest. Dan had taken ugly pictures of everyone and we had to vote on who had the ugliest face. I'm so glad that Dan took 90% of the pictures so that we'll have them on our computer for blackmail purposes for years to come. Noah won.
 Dan came in second.
I didn't place at all, but my sister-in-law did inform me that I look like Ryan Reynolds when he wore a fat suit for a movie. I looked it up and I'm guessing she thinks I look like this.
I have no idea what she's talking about.  :)

And just so I don't have to end this post with that picture, here's a cute picture of Sam and Luke eating donuts. Look close at Luke's face and what do you see?

Zorro would be proud.

And here's one last cute picture of Sam watching from the deck as his uncle and cousins light a big fire down below.
It was a great trip and we had so much fun. Hopefully it won't take us seven years to plan the next one.

7 comments:

Julie said...

I wish I could have met up with you. I'm hoping you got my emails?! Otherwise you probably think I'm a lowsy friend. Glad you got to meet up with Betsy!! Looks like you guys had a fun time.

Ward Family said...

So fun and I'm jealous you got to have straight hair for a week! Glad you guys had a good time!

Brittney said...

So many things about this post made me laugh! I love that Dan is the only adult in the picture with all of the kids playing video games. And I love the Miami Vice open shirt (and that really is a CUTE picture of Sam). And I loved your funny face pictures.

ashlee said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I love summer family vacations! I was looking at the clothes that you made and what a crafter you are.

Rebecca said...

Your kids are ADORABLE! You look great too! I love that picture of all the kids on the jungle gym. That is awesome!

BDandFamily said...

We were just in Pasco/tri-cities for the 4th too! I'm with you on the straight hair. Your kids are so cute. And you've got some mad sewing skills.

Katrina said...

So fun that you could meet up with Betsy! It sounds like you had a great trip visiting Dan's family. I loved the Miami Vice comment, and the picture too, of course! You're so funny.