Sunday, October 02, 2011

Projects

A while ago, Candice sent me an email saying that Glidden paint was offering free quarts of a variety of colors. I ordered candy apple red. Not sure what I was going to do with it, but I thought it was a nice color. Fast forward a few months. I decided that a little side table we've had for 5 years or so needed some updating. First I bought a new knob from Hobby Lobby for $3. Then I decided to bite the bullet and try to paint it. If I ever try to do something like this again, someone please talk me out of it.

First I had to sand down everything. Dan helped with a few of the legs. That was nice. After that I spent the majority of the kids' nap times for a week sanding down everything else. It took FOREVER. And that was with an electric sander. Then I painted it. And painted it and painted it! I think the top part has six coats and the legs each have at least three. In the end, I think it's pretty cool. I wish the red were a little bit darker, but I still like it. It might not be to everyone's taste, but it brightens up the room more now.

Before: (But with the new knob. I put the old knob on top, just so you could see what it used to look like.)


After:


The other project was that flowery pillow on the light chair. I was trying to tie in the table a bit more.

5 comments:

Fabulous Featherette said...

Great job on the projects. Your living room looks so nice. You are ambitious!

C&C said...

Looks cute! That tiny table needed to be sanded down for a WEEK? sheesh!

SAM!!! said...

your a sanding machine!
I've got some cupboards that need refinishing come on over.

Betsy said...

Love the pop.

SAM!!! said...

I agree... worth the effort. Love the living room by the way! Wish I had your sense of style. So glad to see Halloween decorations up. I've gotta get moving on those soon also :)
-T