I took a basic photography class with a friend before Thanksgiving. Since then, I've been practicing taking pictures in "manual" mode. Here are a few random shots:
It's fun to practice. For me, at least.
Wednesday night Dan and I went on a dinner date. It was fun. Dan is the best. Saturday Gretchen watched our kids while we went to the temple. It was really nice. Later that day we took them dinner and then we headed over to Prestonwood Forest to look at their lights. It's a big neighborhood where each street has a different theme and people really get into it. It was so busy. Everyone else had the same idea we did.
I thought this house was cool.
The winner for this year was a house who set their lights to music. We tuned our radio to a certain station. They had choreographed lights for 2 songs. I got some of one on video. I didn't have the best angle...
But it was pretty awesome. I'm guessing this song is from some musical version of "A Christmas Carol." I'd never heard it before. And I didn't really think about it before, but I noticed now that their neighbor's house is for sale... I wonder if this crazy light show has anything to do with it.
If the video doesn't work, try copying this link:
5 comments:
We went and saw lights tonight and there was a house that was coreographed to a certain radio station--they had "wizards of winter" by the TSO and it was AWESOME! you would've liked it. i like that picture of afton where she's not crying.
ps, youtube says your video is "private" lame!
that house is pretty rad. Setting it to music is crazy. Good work on the manual setting shots. It would help you out if you had more light. More light =faster SS = less blur! Congrats on no one tossing! You say Dan is the best but you don't say where he took you on this date? Movies? Mall (6th largest in the country) country line dancing!? keemaH for BBQ?
Great picture taking! Your kidlets have the most beautiful blue eyes. I see some Texas pride in the house pic!
Your pictures looks great! Manual mode is hard but when you compare that with other settings there is a huge difference!
Post a Comment