I tried to take pictures of the kids similar to last year's. Remember these cute pics?
Man, they were little!
Anyway, I tried to take pictures again. One of the kids was being sweet and accomodating.
Afton wasn't really feeling it.
She cried when I tried to take out her pacifier.
Sam got me a sweet treat. He picked one out for himself, as well.
And I almost forgot to mention that the GE guy came and fixed our fridge! Yay! He also doubled charged me a $90 fee, but I go that taken care of. Now I'd like to turn the blog over to Dan to report on the remained of our day.
Last night, K&G babysat the kids so that Kristen and I could go out. I took my cues from the Bachelor and asked Kristen to go climb the rock wall with me at the gym. It had been about 15 years since I last climbed a rock wall, and Kristen never had.
We each climbed up the easiest wall, which was, not surprisingly, pretty easy. It was straight up, and there were lots of big "rocks" to grab onto. Then, we moved on to the second-easiest wall. I went first, and about half-way up the wall, there was a point where I had to hang on with my right hand and only the tips of two fingers on my left hand. I couldn't get past it, and eventually I came off the wall like an out-of-shape polar bear falling out of a tree.
I'm sure I looked around in embarrassment just like the bear.
Then, Kristen took a turn. She sped up the wall like a caffeinated spider monkey. It was amazing. Frankly, I was too amazed to be ashamed that she outdid me. I told her that it was her most amazing act of physical achievement ever, childbirth included. I'm convinced that Kristen soon will have her profile inserted into this video:
I love you, squirrel baby! Thanks for a hot Valentine's date!
3 comments:
Kristen, you have a new talent! Such adorable children! Happy belated Valentine's day! Glad your fridge is fixed and that you caught the $90 overcharge.
great job Kristen. Caffeinated spider monkey, this is a good metaphor.
Your kids are so cute even if they are now "more mature".
I can't even stand to watch that free climbing video. It makes me too tense that the little ledge they are holding on to will break off and that will be it.
Post a Comment