I bought fabric to make myself some knit pencil skirts, but I'm afraid I'll mess up, so I haven't started yet.
Sam got molluscum a while ago (a skin disease that looks like warts) and it's spread a ton. I counted 46 bumps on his body - mostly his chest and arms. webmd said it can take months or years for them to go away. I hope it's months and not years.
Sam is super cute lately, don't you think?
He talks about how he tells kids at the gym about Jesus. He used the word "quite" four times today. I think that's really cute for some reason. He's still SUPER shy and he's supposed to recite article of faith #8 at church this Sunday. Which means he'll cover his face at the microphone and I'll recite article of faith #8. He calls windshield wipers "windshield swippers." When he sneezed today he said he "bless-you'd" (which sounded like "blushooed"). He loves superheroes/superhero shows/superhero clothes. Monday is laundry day so every Tuesday he wears his favorite outfit- his Avengers shirt and shorts from G&G Cheney. He often wears them Wednesday, too...
I took the kids bowling last week. Afton hated it and spent the whole time like this:
On my lap touching me. Don't I look so happy, too? So Sam bowled for both of them. He had fun. Thankfully, halfway through we got one of those ramp things. It went so much faster!
Sam drew this picture of our family at church last week. We love it.
Afton has definitely gotten more opinionated lately. She'll scream and shake her head and say "uh-uh" if she doesn't want to do something. She still loves to be held and asks me several times a day, "Hold me, please." If I'm sitting on the couch, and she wants to sit down, it's never next to me or on the other side of the couch. It's on my lap. Here's proof.
Today I volunteered to help serve the missionaries lunch at the church while they had meetings. Afton wanted me to hold her the whole time. I didn't get much done with 30 pounds on my hip. Love that girl, but she is clingy!
She loves pretzels. The little stick kind. She talks a lot now and is really good at assigning different items to each member of the family. "Afton's blanket, Daddy's shirt, Mommy's towel, etc." Anything pink is not pink, but "baby" so she calls Dan's pink tie a "baby tie" or her pink plate is a "baby plate." Not sure where she got that one.
Dan is amazing. Since our rock climbing date on Valentine's, he's gotten really into rock climbing and joined the gym. He's lost 15 pounds! He looks great! I'm jealous. I've been going to the gym for 18 months and I've gained weight. Not fair. But back to Dan. He's almost done with the rockwall in our attic. He works hard for our family and we appreciate him a lot. Last Saturday I went to the gym with him so I could videotape him climbing a crack. Well, a girl there found out that we just did the 4-day Inca hike in Peru and she's doing it next year so she grilled me about it for like 20 minutes. All I got on camera was the last little bit of Dan. I felt bad. But he did amazing. Look at that crack he climbed!
4 comments:
Spider Man Dan! Great job! Sam looks so old in that Reading Rocks photo. It's fun to read about each of you. Enjoy that sweet, cute girl on your lap. It doesn't last long.
I didn't know Dan had 15 pounds to lose. Way to go dan! Plan on gaining more weight during our trip to VA. Me and C are excited to see you!
This post prominently featured the insides of peoples noses. Thanks!
Afton looks SO pretty in that pic on your lap while bowling (and every picture, but I really like that one). Way to go Dan on losing weight... so unfair though, right? Remember freshman year when we didn't have to worry as much about that and ate cookies and donuts to our delight and ice cream straight out of the carton for meals? Those were the days.... So were reciting Old English poems too though, so you know.... some things are just meant for the past. :)
Post a Comment