Two days after my brother's family left, I headed out on a quick solo trip (SOLO TRIP!) to Utah for my cousin Ashley's wedding. Flying on the airplane by myself was pretty great. I read a lot and tried to sleep, but then the head-bob started and I hate that, so I read some more.
I arrived late Thursday night. My parents picked me up and whisked me away to Iceberg - a Utah place that makes super thick, super huge shakes. You know me. You know I love shakes. This shake was so big that I could only eat the shake that was sticking out above the rim. It was sticking out like 5 inches above the rim. I hardly scratched the surface. As as shake lover, I felt kind of bad that I couldn't conquer that thing...
We stayed at my uncle's house (his family was out of town). I stayed in my cousin's room. She's got a deer head on the wall. That was the first time I've slept in a room with a deer head. I thought it would be hard to sleep, but I got used to it. She also loves Jimmer, so Jimmer was staring at me all night, too. Love you, Katie! Thanks for letting me stay in your room!
Friday morning I took a walk around their neighborhood in Sandy, Utah. It was so nice out. Low humidity. I took advantage and straightened my hair. My hair never looks that good in Houston!
Anyway, Friday morning we headed to the Bountiful, Utah Temple for the ceremony. It was beautiful. Ashley and Mason are super cute together.
Aunt Diane and Uncle Karl w/ the beautiful bride.
After the sealing we headed over to the Lion House, one of Brigham Young's houses, for a really nice luncheon.
Aunt Colleen, Ashley, me.
You asked for it, Lisa! (Ashley's pretty sister.)
Uncle Karl had us all crying with a lovely speech he made. The food was really good. I felt like I was going to pop. So Mom, Dad, and I walked over to the new City Creek Center outdoor mall and stretched our legs for a while. Then we headed back to my uncle's house to chat with my other cousins who had just come up from Provo.
Last, we headed to Thanksgiving Point for a gorgeous outdoor reception.
Cute cousins: Michael, Lisa, Tyler.
More adorable cousins. Jen and David (in the middle) are my cousins. They're flanked by Phe (Jen's beau) and Meegan (David's wife).
I had to get in on the action. Even though I was significant other-less.
I didn't try to match the wedding colors on purpose, but it's a good thing I brought a spare dress because in true klutz fashion, I spilled on my first outfit at the luncheon.
It was a beautiful day!
Driving out of Sandy on Saturday, I had to snap a (bad) picture of the largest house I've even seen with my own eyes. So ridiculous. And I think the wings on the far sides even got cut off.
It was such a fun trip. I'm so glad I got to go. Thanks, Gretchen, for watching the kids on Friday, and thanks to Dan for taking care of them while I was gone!
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That house is so ridiculous and excessive I kind of hate it. Totes jeals that I didn't get to go! Love all the pics you got of our awesome fam.
Solo trips are awesome, it's amazing how easier things are when you only have to take care of yourself. Glad you had fun and that house is ridiculous!
I love solo trips, not that I've done many. Glad you enjoyed it.
Haven't checked your blog in a while, looks like you've had a fun and busy summer. I love Afton's Chris Farley face, too cute.
I bet Karls kids would love to photos
Looks Fun. Solo trips are awesome.
"That house is so ridiculous and excessive I kind of hate it." Totally agree, especially since in Utah they're all on the hillside which magnifies the extent to which they're intended solely as a declaration of superior status. But I'm still surprised to hear Kristen say it's the biggest she's seen, coming from Houston and all. Surely she can't be casting doubt on the ancient truth that everything is bigger in Texas. Need to drive around a little more in River Oaks and Sugarland.
I know that house! It's really close to JC's BFF's house (Derek). I'm glad you had a fun SOLO trip! Awesome!
First of all, I LOVE your hair! It looks so great! And I loved both of your outfits, too. :) That house is insane. How have I never seen it before? It looks hard to miss.
Post a Comment