Tuesday, August 21, 2012

More family fun

The day that I got back from Virginia, my brother Ryan and his wife Teresa came with their two kids (Zoey and Aiden) for a quick visit. They stayed with Kirk since I was completely unprepared for company, but I tried to see them as much as I could.

Sunday dinner and visiting. Kids ate first. And Sam mined for gold.
 Men talked sports.
After dinner, kids played Elephun. Which is really only fun for Sam because he gets the most butterflies and then flaunts it in all the other kids' faces.

Carter got sick of that pretty fast.

Monday morning we hit the Houston Children's Museum. It was really fun. Face painting station.
 Fishing off the Ivory Coast.

 Carter and Sam to the rescue!
 The museum has a really awesome little grocery store. These two girls on the right in the red aprons were really cute checking out all the customers.
After naps we went swimming and then had dinner at our place. (But Gretchen made it b/c I hadn't had a chance to go grocery shopping yet. Thanks, G!)

Tuesday R, T, Z and A were heading home, so we went with them part of the way and stopped at the Bluebell Factory for a tour. They don't allow cameras on the tour, so you get before and afters. Afton was on one.



 After the tour we each got a giant scoop of ice cream.

 Afton got chocolate. She liked it, despite this picture.
 Sam chose vanilla. I got cookies and cream. We are a very adventurous bunch.

 Did I mention that Afton was on one?
After this picture we parted ways and Ryan, Teresa, Zoey and Aiden began their three-day (or four-day?) drive back to California.

We had so much fun with you guys! Thanks for coming to see us!

4 comments:

maynard said...

Looks like a fun time together. I love to see all the cousins doing things together. In a group that big there will probably always be one that is "on one".

SAM!!! said...

Great post sis. Your pictures are really nice. Better than mine for sure. I think I might steal a few....

Fabulous Featherette said...

What fun! I'm glad that you could be together.

Katrina said...

I just bought that Elefun game at a consignment sale...glad to know it has potential to be fun! (We haven't tried it yet.) I'm glad you had fun. That children's discovery museum looks awesome!