Friday, June 21, 2013

Richmond Adventures

I took pics of the loft, but it looks too messy. I'll have to clean and take some more. In the meantime, here are some pictures of things we've done since moving to Richmond.

Dan's first day of work. (We were staying with my parents at the time - that's not our apartment. I WISH!)
 Also while staying with my parents, we went to a fun splash pad. Sam got prune fingers. The poor kid behind Sam was crying because his mom was yelling at him. It was sad.
The kids and I go crazy cooped up for too long so we've tried a few different parks. This one is Deep Run. The playground was really cool and they had a ton of running/walking trails.


One day I just picked a park listed on the GPS and it took me to a really big park that didn't have a playground. I think it was called Dogwood Dell? Anyway, they had an amphitheater and carillon tower.


We went to the amphitheater and the kids decided to put on a show for me. More like a dance.

A few weeks ago we thought it would be fun to go to Belle Isle - a small island in the James River accessible by a pedestrian bridge under a freeway. It's had a steel mill on it and at one point during the Civil War it was used as a prisoner-of-war camp. It was really busy that day. Plus it had rained a ton so the river was unswimmable (waters over 9 feet high) and the ground was super muddy. I was wearing flip flops. I always wear the wrong shoes on our adventures.
 Dan checking out the rock climbing possibilities.
 Super high water. It was so brown from all the rain that Sam now calls it "Chocolate River."

 Dan's pointing to his building. I just noticed that Sam is pointing, too. Not quite sure what at, but that's cute.
During a rainy day last week I took the kids to the Virginia Museum of Fine Art. I thought it was pretty cool and there was a ton that we didn't get to see. The kids' favorite part, of course, was spinning on the orange chairs in the lobby.




Another weekend we went to the DC temple.
More adventures to come!

4 comments:

C&C said...

Dang girl! You guys do a ton. Why did you have to tell me the back story on that poor little crying boy? Talk about depressing. love ya!

Fabulous Featherette said...

You are doing lots of exploring. We must join you! I have the cutest and smartest grandchildren.

K said...

Did Sam taste the river? Save some room for later! I reconize Dogwood Dell -- we went there once looking for rails.

SAM!!! said...

museums are cool how did you kids do? I'm still hesitant b/c my kids are a little bit insane and likely to topple a degas dancer.