I thought it was pretty nice. I'd go again, but not until another $1 night.
Dan got me pretty flowers for our 9th anniversary.
Richmond had a big fireworks show on July 3rd. It was boasted as the largest display in the state. They shoot the fireworks from an island in the James. To avoid traffic we drove to Dan's work and parked on the top floor of the parking garage. It was a great show and we got home lickety split.
I love the pic below.
Taking pictures of Sam taking pictures.
G and G Cheney drove over to Richmond for the fourth. We met at the Lewis Ginter botanical garden, which happened to be free that day. And subsequently very crowded. It was really pretty. They had a great butterfly house.
They also had a splash pad. Afton was staring down a tube when it apparently shot water in her face so she was done in about 2 minutes, but Sam lasted a bit longer.
We hit a local BBQ joint for lunch.
And then headed to Despicable Me 2. Despite looking asleep in the picture below, Mom and Dad both liked it and stayed awake for the whole thing.
Afton's first theater experience.
After that we said goodbye to G and G Cheney and crashed for the day.
Lately Sam has been into a little thing we like to call "honey buns." We had leftover hot dog buns so Dan smeared honey on one and gave it to Sam - a honey bun. Now Sam eats them all the time. It's strange to buy hot dog buns and no hot dogs, but at least they're cheap. Afton's caught on to the craze, too.
In case you hadn't heard, the offer we put on the house last week was rejected. We had heard that someone put an offer on the house so we made an offer that we guessed was better than theirs (we didn't know what their offer was) and then they came back and offered full price. I think the seller should split that extra money he got with us, thank you very much.
I joined a gym yesterday and have gone twice so far. I thought there was no way I'd be sore after the class I took yesterday. I mean, the first pump-you-up song the instructor played was "Dancing in the Streets" (which I totally thought was sung by Cher until I just looked it up). But I was sore by the afternoon. So that's a good (although slightly pathetic) sign.
6 comments:
It's great to have you close so we can get together and we can learn more about Richmond. We never had a reason to go before.
By the way, those shots in with the American Gothic cut out are really cute. Dan needs to look more grim though and put on some round wire frame glasses.
honey buns? i feel like those would be best if they were toasted in a pan first. did you join another lifetime gym?
Looks like you guys are having fun! Sorry about the house, but I'm sure you will find something soon!
I love that picture of Dan behind the cut-out. Hilarious!
I love the photo of the Dan & A with the fireworks and Sam taking photos. Sweet.
Post a Comment