Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Randoms before the visitors came

I've got a lot to catch up on. First I'll post the pics of things we did before the visitors came into town (Candice, Craig and kids, and then the Dursts).

Sam's school had a spring picture day. They had one in the fall, too. Spring is when they take the class picture, as well as another individual picture, which we thought was overkill. Since we figured Sam would be standing on the back row, we let him wear whatever he wanted. He went his usual route of elastic wasted pants and a random sweater on top. I love that kid. Since we weren't buying the individual pics, I took my own. His stance reminds me of a wrestler.
 Of course Afton wanted her picture taken, too. She dresses herself.
 I made a delicious pesto pizza. (Well, our half was pesto. The kids' was pepperoni.) The recipe is here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pesto-pizza-2/detail.aspx
 Sam drew this picture at church.
 Afton did her own eye shadow.
 And demolished her shoes by dragging them on the road while riding her motorcycle. Her toe is peeking out there.
 On that same outing, Sam ran into a neighbor's vinyl fence and it fell apart. Ten of the slats just broke off like twigs and the bottom horizontal piece came off, too. Dan went over there the next day with Sam to fix it.

Thanks to Mom hooking me up with crafts, I made this.
 And one of my big goals before the visitors came was to finish these beastly curtains. They're beastly b/c they're almost 10 feet tall, and I lined them with blackout fabric, which is heavy. I know this picture is terrible. It's hard to take a good picture because it's always so bright outside. I'll try tonight maybe.
Tried tonight. Here's a better picture.


Afton continues her dress-up love.
The end.

4 comments:

C&C said...

The curtains and your spring letters look really good. that picture that Sam drew still hasn't gotten old.

Unknown said...

Good job on those curtains and I agree that the Spring letters look really cute. The pesto pizza looks wonderful.

Fabulous Featherette said...

I love all of your pics. You get so much accomplished every day.

K said...

Good post. Seriously, how do you get so much accomplished everyday? We just get by enough to flop on the couch.