Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Cheney Family Reunion 2014 - Gatlinburg, TN

Hello? Anyone there? Probably not. But I need to keep this baby up so here's the latest.

I spent last week with most of my immediate family in a log cabin in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. I drove over to my parents' house with the kids on a Friday. (Dan wasn't able to come. He had to work. We missed him so much!) Mom hopped in my car and we caravaned with my dad and sister over to Knoxville. We spent the night in a nice LaQuinta, but then the people in the next room over checked in and left their dog to bark and bark for hours and hours. So annoying. We got BBQ from a local joint and went to a park that night.

Saturday we had to kill time before we could check into the cabin, so in the morning we went to a natural history museum on the UT campus, then another park, then lunch at a chick-fil-a in a crowded and noisy mall.
We did lots of grocery shopping and then headed to Gatlinburg. So did the rest of Tennessee. We were stuck in traffic FOR.EV.ER.
We finally made it to the cabin around 7:30, ate some pizza, waited for Kirk and Ryan's families to arrive, and called it a night.
Sunday we went to church, which took place in an old theater while their building went through renovations. It was strange. My dad said it was the only time he's gone to church in a place with cup holders.
We took a scenic drive later that day through Smoky Mountain National Park.






More Sunday fun.



Taking pictures of the kids taking pictures of each other.

Monday we had a picnic and played in the river at Metcalf Bottoms.

That night we also had a kids' talent show.

Tuesday we headed to Ober Gatlinburg, a little amusement park type place, which was really fun. I rode the chair lift and alpine slide with each of the kids and some water rides with Sam. They also mini-golfed and played on the playground.







A little lesson in form wouldn't hurt, huh?

Right before the treasure hunt.







To be continued...

6 comments:

SAM!!! said...

cool shots of the kids coming around the corner. It's funny how much different your pictures are considering we were at the same thing.

Chelsea F. said...

Great pictures!! I still check your blog, I love blogging :)

Unknown said...

I'm excited to see the rest of your pictures. Great shots. We had a lot of fun.

Ward Family said...

Don't stop blogging or I'll never know what you guys are doing! Miss you and love seeing how big the kids are getting!!

Fabulous Featherette said...

Thanks for a great blog. Love the journaling and the photos!Thanks for taking your mom.

K said...

Good pics