Monday, September 15, 2014

Labor Day and the start of School

We hadn't been to the beach all summer, so the Saturday before Labor Day we headed over to Virginia Beach. It started off cloudy and a little cold, but by the time we left, the weather was perfect. Sam tried boogie boarding for the first time. Afton thinks she likes the water, but then won't go near it and plays in the sand.








Going to the beach always makes me think of being little and going to the beach in California. I always looked forward to it because I knew we'd get soda and chips. Black cherry soda from Vons. So I try to bring lots of snacks I know our kids like, too.

We capped off the day with a stop at Dairy Queen. Delicious as always.

On Labor Day, Dan had to work for a few hours so I took the kids over to a local spot on the James called Pony Pasture. You can play on the rocks in the river but I didn't know that, so we were wearing regular clothes.



We also stopped by Home Depot so I could buy paint for the upstairs hallway. (Project pictures to come!)

The Tuesday after Labor Day, Sam started first grade.
 Our front door gets too much sun in the morning. (School doesn't start until after 9.)


His teacher is new to the school, so we don't know much about her, but I know Sam loves school, so that's good. Dan will meet her tomorrow at back to school night. Just last night Sam said he was looking forward to school today, which is a great sign! I miss him when he's gone, but I know he's loving it.

1 comment:

SAM!!! said...

I had totally forgotten about the black cherry soda until now. Fam looks good.