We brought Eli home on Saturday. We took it pretty easy that day. I would like to mention that the day Eli was born, Afton hit her chin somehow at home and it looked pretty bad. The next day, Sam was running around on the playground and supposedly ran into a brick wall with his chin. It was so sick looking. Here's a picture.
Afton's got better right away but Sam's is just now starting to fade.
It turned a dark purple color. It looked like he had a purple goatee.
My dad came over on Sunday to celebrate my mom's birthday (which was on Monday). He baked a delicious cake and my mom made her own birthday dinner.
Dad was a sneak and bought trick candles.
Sam thought it was hilarious.
So glad we got to celebrate with her.
Dad had to go back to Charlottesville that night, but Mom stuck around until Tuesday afternoon. Monday was probably the worst day with Eli. He cried a bunch, I was sore, I cried a bunch, I got the chills something fierce and put on a coat and snow hat and socks and slippers but was still cold. We cranked up the heat and that helped. Then I woke up sweating like crazy. It was weird. I felt bad that it was my mom's birthday and I was a wreck.
Tuesday we wanted to get out and get a little exercise so we ventured out for a jaunt around the mall with all the old people. We took it easy but it felt great to be out. Like I said before, Mom left on Tuesday. She was so helpful and I really appreciate all she did for us!
Dan worked from home the rest of the week and that was great, too. He took Sam to school and picked him up. He played with the two older kids a lot so that I could focus on Eli and take a few naps. Sweet friends from church keep bringing delicious meals which is a huge help, too.
Yesterday was my first day flyin' solo. I think a lot of prayers were said on my behalf because Eli was an absolute angel yesterday! I got Sam to school and picked him up on time. I ran a few errands and we went on a walk. Today I think I'm going to take it a little easy.
Also, Sam decided to write some new year's resolutions and I think they're really cute so I took a picture.
Love that kid. Love ALL my kids! I have three kids! That is crazy.
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So glad I could be with your little family. The birthday pics are hilarious. Those darn candles! You are doing so well. I love Sam's resolutions, too. I hope his chin is better now.
You have such a cute family. I'm glad we're close enough to get together occasionally. Mom is excited to come over today and help.
OUCH! Poor sam! How does one run into a wall at that angle? love all the pics from mom's birthday!
Dude, sweet chin. I dig it. Some of Sam's goals are the same as Carter's -- tying shoes and making soccer goal. 20 chapter books? What?!
That is a serious contusion. You have 3 kids.
Post a Comment