Here's what I wrote for my 2014 resolutions:
Read at least 30 books. (I would like 10 of these books to be biographies on the next 10 presidents - starting with Mr. Jefferson.)
Take a trip with Dan for our 10-year anniversary.
Run a half marathon.
Continue practicing the piano for 20 minutes, five times a week.
Complete AND PRINT blurb books for 2010, 2011, and 2012.
Teach Afton the alphabet and the first 20 numbers. That girl has no interest at all in it.
Participate in some kind of service project.
Well, I did read 30 books, but only FIVE were about presidents. I got stuck on Andrew Jackson and I just can't get through it. I've renewed it like 6 times...
Dan and I took a trip for our anniversary and it was awesome. I also ran a half marathon and completed and printed a blurb book for 2010, but not 2011 or 2012. Afton knows her letters, but she's still working on those numbers. And I did participate in a service project.
The piano, I'll admit, has fallen to the wayside. Especially now that there's a baby in the house...
So, that's like 50%. For some reason, though, I continue to enjoy setting goals, despite my ability to keep them. So, without further adieu, here are my goals for 2015:
Read at least 30 books. (And finish that dang Andrew Jackson!)
Run another half marathon. (Probably the Richmond Half in November.)
Complete and print blog books for 2011 and 2012.
Use the fabric that I have before buying any more (unless it's for a very specific project like curtains).
Write in my journal at least once a month.
Read the Book of Mormon cover to cover during the month of March. (I'll continue to read it all year, but I've never done the "March Madness" challenge and I think it would be good for me to do.
So there you have it. My personal goals for 2015.
And here's my book list from 2014 in case anyone is interested.
1. The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics by Daniel Brown.
2. Wonder by R.J. Palacio
3. The Secrets of Happy Families by Bruce Feiler
4. Shadow Divers by Robert Kurson
5. Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah
6. Thomas Jefferson by R.B. Berstein
7. James Madison by Ralph Ketcham
8. The Honest Life by Jessica Alba
9. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
10. Caleb's Crossing by Geraldine Brooks
11. Autobiography of a Face by Lucy Grealy
12. The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
13. The Last Founding Father: James Monroe by Harlow Unger
14. About Alice by Calvin Trillin
15. Relish: My Life in the Kitchen by Lucy Kinsley
16. The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
17. Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder
18. Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson
19. Escape from the Deep: The Epic Story of a Legendary Submarine and Her Courageous Crew by Alex Kershaw
20. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord
21. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
22. Mr. Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore by Robin Sloane
23. A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah
24. John Quincy Adams by Harlow Unger
25. Paper Towns by John Green
26. Dodger by Terry Pratchett
27. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
28. The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie King
29. Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
30. The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
31. Night by Elie Wiesel
That's 16 nonfiction and 15 fiction. My favorites were The Boys in the Boat (which follows a crew team from the University of Washington during the 30's), and Wonder (about a middle school boy who has a physical deformity). Both really good reads and highly recommended.
Monday, February 02, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment