The condo was a minimum four night deal. We arrived late Wednesday night. Thursday Sam and Afton had ski school (Sam with the bigger kids while Afton was stuck with the younger ones). While they were in school, Dan took his first lesson (I had Eli) and then we switched. The weather on Thursday was TERRIBLE!
SOO windy, SOO cold! While I was waiting for my lesson to begin, I took this video from inside the shop.
The view from our condo:
Friday, thankfully, was a beautiful, clear day.
We all went out and practiced some more on the bunny hill. (Poor Afton - it's hard to get back up!)
Then Dan took Sam on their first run. From then on, they had a blast. Eli started to lose it so I took him and Afton back inside. We discovered on this trip how much Eli likes to watch basketball games. So we did a lot of that. And Curious George.
Later that afternoon I took the big kids to play in the snow and on to the tube park.
After dinner, Dan went night skiing.
Saturday Dan and Sam went out in the morning.
I took Afton and Eli to ride the bus (which Eli loved) to the main Snowshoe area and we explored a little bit.
Later I took Sam out for a while and we just did the small lift and run over and over because that's all I could handle!
Then we stuck around Snowshoe Village and met the rest of the family for pizza.
And we caught a gorgeous sunset.
Dan went out that night for one more night skiing session. (I brought along a good book, so don't feel bad for me being at the condo a lot! Plus they had HGTV...)
Sunday we packed up and headed home. We stopped in Charlottesville to go to church since we happened to be there at the right time to catch sacrament meeting. We went to the singles ward and Dad, who's in the stake presidency, happened to be there that week! So at the end of the meeting, I told Eli he could run up and see Grandpa. Well, right after the closing prayer, he jumped out of my arms and started racing up the aisle. But no one was getting out of their chairs. It's still dead quiet in there and here I go chasing my child who is so excited to see his grandpa... Anyway, slightly embarrassing, but Eli got to sit on Grandpa's lap while they introduced any visitors - which was why they were all quiet and not moving after the closing prayer...
We joined Dad for some dinner (Mom was out of town) and then we came back home. Fun trip!
Since then, Dan has purchased a year-long pass and has taken Sam two more times before the season ended. They have a great time and Sam makes it look so easy!
2 comments:
That looks like a really fun trip. Kids sure do pick it up quick.
That's a lot of work and planning on your part packed in the back of the van! But the fun and memories are well worth it!! I'm glad that your family had a wonderful time in spite of the cold!
Post a Comment