We got a new mattress and got rid of the old one on craigslist. I also tried to sell two perfectly fine and full gallons of pink paint for $20, but no takers. Then I posted it for free and all of the sudden the whole world wanted to paint their houses pink. People will take anything when it's free! It's ridiculous.
We ran into my 92-year-old WWII vet neighbor at Costco and he gave Eli a lollipop. We've seen him at Kroger, too, and he always has lollipops to give to the kids. I think that is very sweet. The only times I've actually spoken to him have been at stores. We've tried to bring him cookies before, but he doesn't get around easily and I don't know if he can hear his doorbell... Sorry, tangent.
Sam learned the Harry Potter song Hedwig's Theme, and we taught Eli how to cast spells.
We went to Snowshoe. (Previous post.)
This is hard to read, but Afton randomly made me this sweet card.
"Dear Mom, thank you for haveing me as a baby you are so nice to me. Love, Afton." She's actually made me two cards that say that. I'm glad she appreciates it! She's the sweetest.
Park on a randomly warm day.
I took the kids bowling on President's Day. Every Monday is $4 per person for shoes and a game.
Best I could do.
Afton was Unicorn, Sam was Jaguar, Eli, and Mom the Bomb. Sam smoked us!
Afton's class celebrated the 100th day of school by having to put 100 of something on a shirt. Afton started out doing 100 A's, but petered out by about 7 and then just did dots/small marks. I don't blame her.
She also participated in an after-school hip-hop class for six weeks. Here's their final performance.
And one more Afton thing:
Titled: If I had a pet. "Pet's are fun to have. But I don't have one of them. Can you tell me ubawt them." Poor, deprived child!
One of the highlights of the month was going with my parents to see the Piano Guys here in Richmond. First we hit up a popular restaurant called Tarrant's.
Waiting for the show to begin.
So flattering.
They were great and are so talented. It was lots of fun!
Lastly, on a nice Saturday, we began Project Garage Clean-up. It was so great to throw a bunch of unnecessary stuff away (like the old brass door handles from when we moved it that we'd been keeping for some reason) and organize most of the rest. Here's a before shot. We have a three-car garage, so it's mostly just the third area that gets crazy since we park our cars in the other two spots.
Even though it's so much better, it still feels cluttered with all the bikes and trash cans... But in my head I know it's a lot better.
That's it for February! A pretty quiet month.
1 comment:
It was so fun to attend the Piano Guys concert with you. Who took that blurry pic of you and dad I wonder? Cute family and fun adventures! I'm glad you keep this going!
Post a Comment