Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Other May Things

The kids were looking especially handsome/cute one Sunday.


 Below is Eli's smile when you tell him to smile. He likes to make this face at Dan when Dan's sitting up on the stand during Sacrament meeting.


Mother's Day.


The questionairre that Afton filled out at school about me said that I was very kind, we like baking together, and that I really love Texas Roadhouse rolls. She also made me a very large card with a hole in it that she sticks her face through and sings to me. Here she is. She forgot how the song went at first...
She's the sweetest. And so creative!

Sam hasn't brought home too many art projects this year, but the things he does bring home, I have no idea how to store. And he wants to keep them all. For example, he made a 3D "swordadile" which is a cross between a swordfish and a crocodile. It's 7 feet long and stuffed with newspaper. It's currently laying on the floor of his bedroom, and has been for the last 5 months. I keep saying we'll hang it from the ceiling, but it never happens. Here's something else he made - a mask using a milk carton, gatorade lids, and paper mache.

Dan sent me this cute picture of Eli while I was visiting with my parents and sister.

An FHE slap in the face, which I was oblivious to at the time.
 And Sam's reaction.

Eli has started rubbing our shoulders during meals. He runs around to each of us and gives us a mini massage.

Dan met Sam at school for lunch on Sam's birthday. I'll do a separate post about that. Sam was in heaven with his giant cup of Sprite.

While Dan was at lunch with Sam, I was clearing a very small section of an old African-American cemetery with women from church. The cemetery has been neglected for the last 40 years or so and it is totally overgrown. We barely made a dent, but I actually found a headstone that was almost completely buried under a foot of dirt! So that was neat.



On a family walk around the neighborhood, Eli insisted that Dan take a picture of the kids together.

Another of Sam's school projects. He had to do a raised map of Samuel de Champlain's voyages to North America. The clay started to flake and fall apart before we even got it to school so I had to take a picture in case it broke in the car on the way. That thing was huge.


Sunday night Rummikub. I think I actually won this game. Only because Dan was really tired.

Thought this was funny. And true. I'd never heard of this fruit before. I googled it and it grows in Jamaica.

On a beautiful day, I decided to take Eli to the zoo. It's pricey, so we don't go often, but it was fun and he loved it all.








We celebrated Dad's birthday.

My newly manicured toe and the back of Afton's foot had an unfortunate collision.

For my Mother's Day present, I went to Homearama. It's a home show where 10 different builders build homes on one street and different designers design the interiors. It's a great way to get new ideas. We're planning on renovating the upstairs bathrooms in the near future, so I was mostly looking at that and lighting.
 I was dying over this table. So beautiful!

Little brother waiting for big brother to come home.

No comments: